scenery file order question

I was wondering if someone can answer a question regarding the order of
scenery types in the scenery.cfg file. Am I correct in that the scenery
files have to be ordered so that mesh terrain files are the lowest in the
list ( higher number ), followed by landclass files, and finally normal
scenery files?

Thanks in advance

GREGORY

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 05:57:01 GMT, "kingsnake11"
<kingsnake11@hotmail.com> brought the following to our attention:

>I was wondering if someone can answer a question regarding the order of
>scenery types in the scenery.cfg file. Am I correct in that the scenery
>files have to be ordered so that mesh terrain files are the lowest in the
>list ( higher number ), followed by landclass files, and finally normal
>scenery files?
>
>Thanks in advance

after fussin' with the scenery for months (or years) have noticed
the following structure:

[Area.001] , Default Terrain , Layer=1

[Area.002] , Default Scenery , Layer=2

[Area.003] , Airport and Facilities Data , Layer=3

[Area.004] , Additional Facility Data , Layer=4

[Area.005] , Time Zones , Layer=5

... and then a Land Class for Layer=6 followed by TONNES of mesh.

[Area.006] , Land Class abc , Layer=6

[Area.007] , Mesh xyz , Layer=7

The Land Class may need to go higher in the list.. that is above the
defaults and mesh? But the list is typed upside-down.. that is with
base layer=1 at top. I think it's rather forgiving but some big
mistakes will cause problems. And.. though it was all set!! :)

comment? corrections?

-Gregory

"kingsnake11" wrote:

> [..] Am I correct in that the scenery files have to be ordered so that
> mesh terrain files are the lowest in the list ( higher number ), followed
> by landclass files, and finally normal scenery files?

Yes.

TRENDING THREADS