What is a good inexpensive calibration software?

Hi I'm having issues printing what I am seeing off the display I have - the
printer is a cannon s 900 - but even though it looks great on screen - the
pics are too greeen and adjusting the colors only help a bit - but the
picture looks washout after being tweeked

Thanks for your help!
1 answer Last reply
More about what good inexpensive calibration software

    First, go through the printer cleaning/realignment routines in the software
    driver.

    The Spyder is now less than $100. Part of its software setup routine will
    help you bring your monitor, providing it is a CRT and has the needed
    controls (most do), into a more neutral state in terms of color temperature,
    brightness and contrast. Because you are used to what you see on your
    monitor you may not realize what you are seeing.

    However the monitor profile that is generated is of value only if you are
    implementing color management in a photoprogram that supports it, like the
    Adobes, PSP and Photopaint.

    Even in these programs color management is not automatic and must be
    manually implemented. There are a lot of sites on the internet and books
    that can walk you through the basics but color management takes a while to
    master. Color management eases the process of matching monitor to print but
    is not 100% effective and because of differences in printer/monitor color
    gamuts and paper surface reflectivity your experience and preferences are a
    major part of the process.

    Printer manufacturers implement color management differently in their
    drivers. Epson is by far the best, easiest to use and most reliable for
    formal color management in my experience. It has been my experience that if
    you want to learn color management start with Epson printers.

    Lastly, alas, you have a Canon printer. Canon printers are technically
    capable of excellent picturemaking but are saddled with atrocious drivers
    for color management and a limited choice of Canon paper surfaces with
    profiles for those papers built into the printer driver. I have an i960 that
    I mainly use for spitting out snapshot size prints. It is my opinion that
    color management as implemented by Canon in the drivers for this series of
    printers is unreliable and somewhat cripples these machines: Canon has two
    methods for color managed printing, neither of which is very reliable.The
    basic settings do not produce consistently predictable results and require
    significant tweaking. However if you work your way through the color
    management processes with Canon printers and see what works and what does
    not you will get quite an education.

Printers Software Peripherals Displays