Networking Help

i have to 3 computers and i'm tryig to run a LAN,i have a DLINK wireless
router (DI-514) connected to one computer by Ethernet, and the other two on
wireless NICS DLINK as well (DWL-520). i have dsl shared on all three with no
problem but for some reason i can't seem to run a LAN that allows me share
file and printers. any help please on how to set it up, on WINDOWS XP. Any
advise please even if it involes downloading software support.
Thank You....
1 answer Last reply
More about networking help

    Make sure you have simple file sharing enabled.

    Start>Control Panel>Folder Options>View>Scroll to the bottom check Use
    Simple File Sharing.

    First open the Properties of My Network Places, delete or disable all
    connections except your internet connection, (all computers). Right click
    your IC go to Properties the Local Area Connection Properties will open,
    install Client for MS Network, File & Print Sharing, Internet
    Protocol(TCP/IP)(on this protocol click Properties select Obtain IP and DNS
    Automatically), install NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBios Protocol(this will allow the
    firewall to be enabled), click OK. Now back on your Network Connections
    click on the left of the page, Setup a Small Home Network, the wizard will
    open then just follow the instructions, when you get to the point to Create
    a Floppy then do so, then you just run it on the other computer,(insert the
    floppy in the other puter open My Computer double click A drive then double
    click the link that appears. Be sure to name your Workgroup (not domain) the
    same and give each computer a different name.

    To hook up Printer sharing just install the printer on the host computer go
    to Printer and Faxes right click your printer, then go to Sharing, then set
    it to Share then name it, click OK.

    Go to the other computer open Printer & Faxes on the left of the page click
    add a printer then follow the instructions.

    Choose connect to this computer. (type) \\your host puter name\printer name

    --
    Good Day
    Haus

    "mario" <mario@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i have to 3 computers and i'm tryig to run a LAN,i have a DLINK wireless
    > router (DI-514) connected to one computer by Ethernet, and the other two
    > on
    > wireless NICS DLINK as well (DWL-520). i have dsl shared on all three with
    > no
    > problem but for some reason i can't seem to run a LAN that allows me share
    > file and printers. any help please on how to set it up, on WINDOWS XP. Any
    > advise please even if it involes downloading software support.
    > Thank You....

Windows XP