Skyrim DLC Hearthfire Out Now on Xbox Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingo07

Distinguished
I'm actually excited about this DLC (for PC of course)- I can't wait to be able to build my own house, just so that I can house all the dope gear and weapons I accumulated - and I'm only 193 hours into Skyrim to begin with. I just hope the Weapon Room, or whatever its gonna be called, is Huge.

G

I wish I could move my PS3 save over to my PC. Unfortunately at the time when I bought Skyrim I didn't have a PC

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Dingo07[/nom]I'm actually excited about this DLC (for PC of course)- I can't wait to be able to build my own house, just so that I can house all the dope gear and weapons I accumulated - and I'm only 193 hours into Skyrim to begin with. I just hope the Weapon Room, or whatever its gonna be called, is Huge.[/citation]I just had a horrible, terrible thought. How the eff am I going to haul all my crap from my existing homes to my new giant custom home?? A few hundred pounds at a time? I hope they add some sort of moving service where you can hire somebody to haul stuff away and put it in your new home in a designated box. That would be completely awesome for major digital packrats like me.[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]Sad to see Bethesda become a bitch for MS.[/citation]The Xbox version has been very lucrative for them. I own the game and first expansion on PC (via Steam) and I'm not the least bit resentful, because as long as they thrive and continue to put out a PC version, I'm happy.

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Mercury8619[/nom]My message to Bethesda is...."I'm so done with you because you guys make excuses not to release dlc's for PS3.Nice excuse about not being able to release Dawnguard for PS3 because...You guys cant fix it because PS3's frail RAM cant take handle. Yeah,real cute,blame it on Sony,stupid Motherfu#kers."[/citation]The PS3 only has 256MB of main memory and 256MB for the GPU. The 360 has 512MB of shared memory which developers can divide between CPU and GPU however they need to. They had a hard enough time getting it to run as well as it does on PS3. Frankly I thought it ran pretty well on PS3 for this type of vast open world game.

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
This is one of the things that I always enjoyed about Bethesda games, HOUSES! I love the idea of DESIGNING a house, not just living in one.

[citation][nom]ZakTheEvil[/nom]Eh, makes me want to go back and play Skyrim, but I've spent over 500h playing it in January. I'm afraid to start again[/citation]

500 HOURS? There are only 744 hours in a month. This means that you played for over 16 hours per day! Well done!

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
I'm wondering though, why adopt kids?
you can marry someone, why not have a kid with them....I mean......That's what you do in real life right?
:p

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
[citation][nom]Nathan85[/nom]I wish I could move my PS3 save over to my PC. Unfortunately at the time when I bought Skyrim I didn't have a PC[/citation]

I was going to say that wasn't completely out of the realm of possibility, but then I remembered that it is. Because of the PS3's drive encryption, you can't easily access files on a save medium (like a thumb drive) from a PC. You can on the Xbox, but not on PS3.

Sorry dude.

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
[citation][nom]madjimms[/nom]This is one of the things that I always enjoyed about Bethesda games, HOUSES! I love the idea of DESIGNING a house, not just living in one.[/citation]

Can't tell if sarcasm...

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]I'm wondering though, why adopt kids?you can marry someone, why not have a kid with them....I mean......That's what you do in real life right?[/citation]

Fake answer? Because Bethesda is trying to maintain the realism of a continent at war by forcing the player to make the logical choice and adopt a war orphan.

Real answer? Babies, unlike Athena, do not spring fully formed from the heads of their parents. Thus Bethesda would have to create a new character model, a new animation system, new textures, and all the work that goes into making that stuff work within the game all for something that amounts to an afterthought.

Anyway, triple post achieved (sorry) I call dibs on adopting Babette.

[citation][nom]alextheblue[/nom]The PS3 only has 256MB of main memory and 256MB for the GPU. The 360 has 512MB of shared memory which developers can divide between CPU and GPU however they need to. They had a hard enough time getting it to run as well as it does on PS3. Frankly I thought it ran pretty well on PS3 for this type of vast open world game.[/citation]

Exactly.
Sony dropped the ball here. The System Memory (256MB) is needed for the main game, but also the SAVE FILE which keeps track of all the changes you make. This file keeps getting bigger as time goes on.

Bethesda could make it work on the XBOX 360 because it uses a shared 512MB so they likely tweaked the graphics slightly to free up more RAM for the SAVE GAME file.

Bethesda absolutely wishes to make it work on the PS3 but they're simply out of memory.

*The bottom line is SONY made an idiotic decision to not use shared memory, especially considering the XBOX 360 came out a year before and they knew many games would be designed for both consoles. It's a nightmare for developers trying to deal with this one issue alone.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]photonboy[/nom]Exactly.Sony dropped the ball here. The System Memory (256MB) is needed for the main game, but also the SAVE FILE which keeps track of all the changes you make. This file keeps getting bigger as time goes on.Bethesda could make it work on the XBOX 360 because it uses a shared 512MB so they likely tweaked the graphics slightly to free up more RAM for the SAVE GAME file.Bethesda absolutely wishes to make it work on the PS3 but they're simply out of memory. *The bottom line is SONY made an idiotic decision to not use shared memory, especially considering the XBOX 360 came out a year before and they knew many games would be designed for both consoles. It's a nightmare for developers trying to deal with this one issue alone.[/citation]

Solution: PC gaming.

G

I can see spending money for dawnguard...but for this dlc? not bloody likely. i'd rather just wait for the talented modders to post more houses on the nexus or other sites for skyrim mods. To be worth paying for it would have to be 1 sweet mother of a deal as far as complexity and choices of styles/designs. I'll wait till more reviews of actual players on 360 who bought it before deciding on it for my pc.

jordanfeusi

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
Can someone help me? I got a letter inviting me to adopt a child from the orphanage in Riften but i own the home in Solitude the big one and i cant adopt the kid, thats not the issue, lol how do i buy land to start making a home i have no idea????? I reallllly would like a response. No one on Facebook cares so if someone would pleaseee email me with help my email is jfeusi@yahoo.com . My name is Jordan Feusi and i have so many hours on Skyrim it should be a felony haha. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.