[REAL FLIGHT] nice photo report

JR Wrote:

> with one of the most beautiful italian cities ;)

Wow, I wonder what the specs are on his PC to get that kind of detail!
:)

--
Peter

GREGORY

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:19:13 +0200, "JR Ewing" <jr@dallas.tx> brought
the following to our attention:

>with one of the most beautiful italian cities ;)
>
>http://www.flightforum.ch/forum/showthread.php?t=30052

see the results of installing new hi-capacity battery in digital
camera! :)

there's evidence of processing with PS or PSP... many
are brilliant pics but some could use a bit additional editing.
Splendid overall.

-G

"Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote :

> Pretty awesome stuff. I guess its time to book that vacation to Italy
> now.

Thank for your tough, in the meanwhile, you can practice here :

http://www.isdproject.com/

there is a photoquality limj scenery, among others significant italian
airports

"Smiffy" <smiffy@smiffworld.com> wrote :

> Wonderful! Oh, I wish I could fly for real..........

Why can't you ? isn't that less expensive in the usa ?

GREGORY

On 13 Apr 2005 06:33:59 -0700, "pr" <proffice@twcny.rr.com> brought
the following to our attention:

>JR Wrote:
>
>> with one of the most beautiful italian cities ;)
>
>Wow, I wonder what the specs are on his PC to get that kind of detail! :)

If he takes photos looking straight down.. maybe create some terrain
textures for use in FS. So here's mission (to whom it may concern).
Select several regions.. then decide on doable runs and schedule.
Mount camera and fly at determined ALT taking photos as required.
Working in team with terrain developer.. create bitmaps for Sim use.

-G

p.s. while at it.. create specs, scope, and requirements for larger
set of terrain textures.. usable in next-generation flightsim.

"JR Ewing" <jr@dallas.tx> wrote in message
> "Smiffy" <smiffy@smiffworld.com> wrote :
> >
> > Wonderful! Oh, I wish I could fly for real..........
> >

> Why can't you ? isn't that less expensive in the usa ?

It sure is-sadly, I live in the UK.........!!
Smiffy

"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote :

>>JR Wrote:
>>
>>> with one of the most beautiful italian cities ;)
>>
>>Wow, I wonder what the specs are on his PC to get that kind of detail! :)
>

> If he takes photos looking straight down.. maybe create some terrain
> textures for use in FS. So here's mission (to whom it may concern).
> Select several regions.. then decide on doable runs and schedule.
> Mount camera and fly at determined ALT taking photos as required.
> Working in team with terrain developer.. create bitmaps for Sim use.
>
> -G
>

> p.s. while at it.. create specs, scope, and requirements for larger
> set of terrain textures.. usable in next-generation flightsim.

There is some sort of procedure to use with *this* generation
of fs, wich can convert public satellite pictures into terrain bitmaps.

happy google :)

"Smiffy" <smiffy@smiffworld.com> wrote :

>> > Wonderful! Oh, I wish I could fly for real..........
>> >

>> Why can't you ? isn't that less expensive in the usa ?
>>
> It sure is-sadly, I live in the UK.........!!

Don't worry. Nobody's perfect ;)