Laptop for FS9

I wish to buy a laptop, as ancilliary to my desktop, but wish to also use it
for FS9. I shan't bore you with the details, but will need to buy from PC
World. I know I want a seperate graphics card, but am unsure on the variety
of laptop processors, etc. Does anyone have a recommendation from the
currently available range at PCW?

Thanks for any help,

Richard
1 answer Last reply
More about laptop

    "Richard Hardiman" <Richard.Hardiman@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >I wish to buy a laptop, as ancilliary to my desktop, but wish to also use
    >it for FS9. I shan't bore you with the details, but will need to buy from
    >PC World. I know I want a seperate graphics card, but am unsure on the
    >variety of laptop processors, etc. Does anyone have a recommendation from
    >the currently available range at PCW?

    Any current Centrino (Pentium-M processor) notebook will do quite well.
    These processors benchmark out way higher than their actual clock rate, due
    to a very efficient core architecture. Pentium-4 notebooks are hot, nasty,
    comparatively slow power hogs. Put 1 Gb of memory in the notebook (cheap)
    and look for the latest ATI Mobile Radeon graphics chipset (9700 or x300 I
    think) with 128Mb of RAM. Do *not* buy any notebook with an integrated
    graphics solution using shared system memory. My year old ThinkPad T40P
    with a 1.6MHz Pentium-M, 1 Gb, Radeon 9000 (64Mb) runs full detail,
    1024x768x32, 25fps locked and rarely drops below the target framerate,
    except in cities like New York where it is around 20. Note, I am not runing
    AA or anisotropic filtering. As a bonus, the battery runs for about 3.5
    hours of flight simming (normally 6.5 hours of office work).

    Stephen

Laptops Graphics Cards Microsoft Video Games