Is printing black text only on a color printer more expens..

Basically, I need to replace our old businesses HP4 and I'm trying to
determine if I should get a dedicated monochrome laser and a color laser so
I can split the tasks between them or should I just get a single printer and
send all color and b&w jobs to it. I don't want to buy a single printer if
my operating costs for printing b&w on it will be much higher.

So, as a rule, is printing black text only on a color laser printer more
expensive than using a dedicated monochrome laser? Have the falling prices
of color lasers leveled off now and the technology advanced to the point
that it is a good time to buy. Any personal recommendations for a good
value (initial printer cost plus future toner replacements and maintenance)
in a color laser?

Thanks so much.
--
David Jensen
Replace the xx in my E-mail address with "Team" for my real E-mail address

    Well there is exactly for that reason always black and 3xcolour toner (If
    something else then avoid it). Black print is not mixed up of colours, it is
    taken from the black toner.
    So it is not really any more expensive. If really high amount of pages then
    the service period is an issue indeed.

    Stay with HP / Canon products.

    JJ

    "David Jensen" <djnews1@xxhealthcare.com> kirjoitti viestissä
    > Basically, I need to replace our old businesses HP4 and I'm trying to
    > determine if I should get a dedicated monochrome laser and a color laser
    so
    > I can split the tasks between them or should I just get a single printer
    and
    > send all color and b&w jobs to it. I don't want to buy a single printer
    if
    > my operating costs for printing b&w on it will be much higher.
    >
    > So, as a rule, is printing black text only on a color laser printer more
    > expensive than using a dedicated monochrome laser? Have the falling
    prices
    > of color lasers leveled off now and the technology advanced to the point
    > that it is a good time to buy. Any personal recommendations for a good
    > value (initial printer cost plus future toner replacements and
    maintenance)
    > in a color laser?
    >
    > Thanks so much.
    > --
    > David Jensen
    > Replace the xx in my E-mail address with "Team" for my real E-mail address

Printers Laser Printer Job Market Peripherals Product