cannot share files after connecting

Last response: in Networking
Share
July 15, 2004 8:53:44 PM

I can connect a VPN connection between two computers at different
locations; however, I cannot map a network drive or access any files
on the computers.

I'm connecting via two Linksys routers.

One computer is running W2k Pro the other Win 98 SE.

Both computers are named to the same workgroup, and both have file
sharing selected.

More about : share files connecting

July 22, 2004 8:34:19 PM

I guess my question to the ng is, what can I try to do to fix this?

My linksys routers both say the VPN tunnel is connected, but if I go
to map a network drive I do not see the other computer, nor can I find
it.

native_texan_03@yahoo.com (Pablo) wrote in message news:<b4d88dc9.0407151553.44202d7@posting.google.com>...
> I can connect a VPN connection between two computers at different
> locations; however, I cannot map a network drive or access any files
> on the computers.
>
> I'm connecting via two Linksys routers.
>
> One computer is running W2k Pro the other Win 98 SE.
>
> Both computers are named to the same workgroup, and both have file
> sharing selected.
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 1:30:46 PM

In your router config, make sure you have your WAN/public IP address
forwarded to an IP address on your LAN (192.168.x.x usually). Not
familiar with Linksys but D-link requires a Virtual server entry setup
for PPTP and designates a Private IP address to your specific LAN
computer that the router forwards the pptp request to.