What The Hell's with Intel Duo "Set Free" On Apple

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Any PC with Any AMD or Intel Chip still Does a better Job then any Apple I know of so far. I Know People say Intel on PC's is still lightyears better than Apple And I stand by that statement. Anf thinking of Apples you cannot tamper with the Motherboard and the Chip itself to get much performance increase From the FSB and Or the Unknown Multiplyer. In apples you can only go FSB boosts and maybe RAM overclocks that's pretty much it. PC rocks Apple Sukks!!

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Your Welcome mpjesse! and If anyone else Feels that way about their neer and dear friend the PC i mean the PC without the Apple O/S or the apple brand name computer and motherboard i mean any one or anything Linux, FreeVBS or Unix Or any Windows or anyother good stable O/s i forgot to mension, would stand by me.

mpjesse

Splendid
You're a bit daffy aren't you? I was being sarcastic. BTW, trying to read your latest reply gave me a headache. Go take some lessons in reading and writing.

-mpjesse

RichPLS

Champion
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mpjesse

Splendid
Dude, I was writing BOOKS when I was in 9th grade. None of my books were published of course, but that's not the point.

Tell me, what school district or city are you in? I'll be sure never to send my children there.

-mpjesse

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
the students......
There could be something to that. It seems like more and more these days people just expect life to be handed to them on a silver platter and all that.

Still, I don't know. Some of it I'd dare say is the parents too. I mean a good education doesn't just stop at the school's doors.

And some of it is probably the institution too. Teachers have too many students and are pushed to teach more and more towards just doing well on the standardized tests instead of to a proper curriculum. Then there's the quality of the textbooks, the budget problems, yada yada.

I think, likely, there are too many faults to throw the blame in any one direction. Though probably a good portion can still be aimed at the students themselves.

Ah well. What would we do without a strong base of unskilled labor to flip our burgers and sweep our floors? It's all probably for the best. At least until we can get robots to do that sort of thing at a lower cost. :wink:

mpjesse

Splendid
Yeah, ask any teacher about teaching kids how to do well on tests and you'll get an earful.

I love how Bush thinks he knows what's best for the education of America with his "no child left behind" legislation. TEACHERS and PARENTS should be making decisions about what's best for our kids.

Speaking of Bushy, he's leaving my city's airport right now. I can hear the F-16's taking off. (He's in Albuq, NM today).

-mpjesse

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Dude, I was writing BOOKS when I was in 9th grade.
He he he. I was writing dark poetry and other weird shiznit then. I scared the crap out of my Brit Lit teacher one day because I was tired of her thinking that I was intellectually challenged just because I was refusing to read the crappy books that they were requiring. That was one heck of an interpretation of Poe's The Raven, let me tell you. It made Poe's work seem cheerful and mundane by comparison. I had to spend a bit of time with my guidance counselor after that, but it was kind of worth it.

Ah, the good old days of teenage angst. There are times when I miss it, but for the most part I'm glad that I grew up and became more emotionally adjusted. :lol: (Who, me?)

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Wow, Parents and teachers please. It can all be blamed on under budgeting and the teachers roles are becoming less personal and passionate and more about the pay and the retirement pension. This has affected more of the urban areas such as mine, because either the students do very well in an Academic University course or they do very badly in an Applied Collage course eventually leading them to drop out, because more than 40% of the males in my school have already dropped out. But I’m not bad at English at all, just I haven't been typing formally in a while that's why it seems very vague and illegible. And I am at the bad reputed area of Toronto. Etobicoke North. Thanks for your battle for me and the educational system TG Honor posters and veterans

mpjesse

Splendid
Yeah, I pretty much hated everything my AP English teacher threw at me too. The only thing I found remotely interesting was Ayn Rand's "Anthem." After I read that I was hooked on Ayn Rand. She's my all time favorite American/Russian author.

I always buy Atlas Shrugged and make it required reading for managers who work under me.

-mpjesse

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Wow, Parents and teachers please. It can all be blamed on under budgeting and the teachers roles are becoming less personal and passionate and more about the pay and the retirement pension.
No offense, but I do believe that you've just proven yourself at least partially wrong. You just showed that when you apply yourself you actually can do a better job. :tongue:

Though I do agree that it is really a combination of all things that is to blame, so certainly in some part parents and the school systems are to blame. I wouldn't actually put it so much on the teachers themselves though. Where do you think the teachers get their attitude from? It is the system that is pushing them down, which, in turn, pushes the students down.

You're both suffering from the same problem, whether you realize it or not. It's a problem that has to be fixed at the top. Believe it or not, teachers are people too. I bet if you took the time to work with them, you could revitalize their passion to some extent. Possibly you could even 'fight the system' together.

But then that would require you to be passionate about learning and improving the schools yourself. A passion which, sadly, most students lack.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Yeah, I pretty much hated everything my AP English teacher threw at me too. The only thing I found remotely interesting was Ayn Rand's "Anthem." After I read that I was hooked on Ayn Rand. She's my all time favorite American/Russian author.

I always buy Atlas Shrugged and make it required reading for managers who work under me.
Perhaps I shall have to look these things up some time. :)