Sign in with
Your question

What The Hell's with Intel Duo "Set Free" On Apple

Last response: in CPUs
February 2, 2006 12:05:03 PM

Any PC with Any AMD or Intel Chip still Does a better Job then any Apple I know of so far. I Know People say Intel on PC's is still lightyears better than Apple And I stand by that statement. Anf thinking of Apples you cannot tamper with the Motherboard and the Chip itself to get much performance increase From the FSB and Or the Unknown Multiplyer. In apples you can only go FSB boosts and maybe RAM overclocks that's pretty much it. PC rocks Apple Sukks!!
a b à CPUs
February 2, 2006 2:42:25 PM

Presumably, they mean "Set Free" to use the Apple OS, vice WIndows??
February 2, 2006 3:56:17 PM

Wow! Thank you for that wonderful bit of insight. I'm so glad there's people like you around to set the record straight.

-mpjesse
Related resources
February 3, 2006 12:16:59 AM

Your Welcome mpjesse! and If anyone else Feels that way about their neer and dear friend the PC i mean the PC without the Apple O/S or the apple brand name computer and motherboard i mean any one or anything Linux, FreeVBS or Unix Or any Windows or anyother good stable O/s i forgot to mension, would stand by me.
February 3, 2006 2:16:30 PM

You're a bit daffy aren't you? I was being sarcastic. BTW, trying to read your latest reply gave me a headache. Go take some lessons in reading and writing.

-mpjesse
February 3, 2006 2:55:39 PM

He he he he he. :D 

I love this thread.

mpjesse, will you marry me?
February 3, 2006 2:57:43 PM

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
February 3, 2006 2:59:08 PM

Absolutely brilliant!

Wish I had thought of it myself. Though my wording probably would be a tad more legible...
February 3, 2006 3:03:47 PM

lol, thanks I woulda typed up to Par if i wasn't a 11th grader, with confused english typing skills
February 3, 2006 3:12:02 PM

What is wrong with schools these days? **sigh**
February 3, 2006 3:17:46 PM

Quote:
What is wrong with schools these days? **sigh**

the students......
February 3, 2006 3:20:40 PM

Dude, I was writing BOOKS when I was in 9th grade. None of my books were published of course, but that's not the point.

Tell me, what school district or city are you in? I'll be sure never to send my children there.

-mpjesse
February 3, 2006 3:27:26 PM

Quote:
the students......
There could be something to that. It seems like more and more these days people just expect life to be handed to them on a silver platter and all that.

Still, I don't know. Some of it I'd dare say is the parents too. I mean a good education doesn't just stop at the school's doors.

And some of it is probably the institution too. Teachers have too many students and are pushed to teach more and more towards just doing well on the standardized tests instead of to a proper curriculum. Then there's the quality of the textbooks, the budget problems, yada yada.

I think, likely, there are too many faults to throw the blame in any one direction. Though probably a good portion can still be aimed at the students themselves.

Ah well. What would we do without a strong base of unskilled labor to flip our burgers and sweep our floors? It's all probably for the best. At least until we can get robots to do that sort of thing at a lower cost. :wink:
a b à CPUs
February 3, 2006 3:30:11 PM

Me ingles is mour guder than you is! Hukd on Fonix wurkd fore me!
February 3, 2006 3:33:53 PM

Yeah, ask any teacher about teaching kids how to do well on tests and you'll get an earful.

I love how Bush thinks he knows what's best for the education of America with his "no child left behind" legislation. TEACHERS and PARENTS should be making decisions about what's best for our kids.

Speaking of Bushy, he's leaving my city's airport right now. I can hear the F-16's taking off. (He's in Albuq, NM today).

-mpjesse
February 3, 2006 3:36:15 PM

Quote:
Dude, I was writing BOOKS when I was in 9th grade.
He he he. I was writing dark poetry and other weird shiznit then. I scared the crap out of my Brit Lit teacher one day because I was tired of her thinking that I was intellectually challenged just because I was refusing to read the crappy books that they were requiring. That was one heck of an interpretation of Poe's The Raven, let me tell you. It made Poe's work seem cheerful and mundane by comparison. I had to spend a bit of time with my guidance counselor after that, but it was kind of worth it.

Ah, the good old days of teenage angst. There are times when I miss it, but for the most part I'm glad that I grew up and became more emotionally adjusted. :lol:  (Who, me?)
February 3, 2006 3:40:26 PM

Wow, Parents and teachers please. It can all be blamed on under budgeting and the teachers roles are becoming less personal and passionate and more about the pay and the retirement pension. This has affected more of the urban areas such as mine, because either the students do very well in an Academic University course or they do very badly in an Applied Collage course eventually leading them to drop out, because more than 40% of the males in my school have already dropped out. But I’m not bad at English at all, just I haven't been typing formally in a while that's why it seems very vague and illegible. And I am at the bad reputed area of Toronto. Etobicoke North. Thanks for your battle for me and the educational system TG Honor posters and veterans
February 3, 2006 3:43:19 PM

Yeah, I pretty much hated everything my AP English teacher threw at me too. The only thing I found remotely interesting was Ayn Rand's "Anthem." After I read that I was hooked on Ayn Rand. She's my all time favorite American/Russian author.

I always buy Atlas Shrugged and make it required reading for managers who work under me.

-mpjesse
February 3, 2006 3:45:56 PM

Now that post was much, much more understandable. There's hope after all! :-)
February 3, 2006 3:50:24 PM

Quote:
Now that post was much, much more understandable. There's hope after all! :-)
:twisted: Mwa ha ha ha!

We have ways of making you use good grammar!

Well, better grammar anyway.
February 3, 2006 3:54:23 PM

I blame spel chekers, IM and txt for the Dimaise of the English langage.

Stu..
February 3, 2006 3:58:14 PM

Quote:
Wow, Parents and teachers please. It can all be blamed on under budgeting and the teachers roles are becoming less personal and passionate and more about the pay and the retirement pension.
No offense, but I do believe that you've just proven yourself at least partially wrong. You just showed that when you apply yourself you actually can do a better job. :tongue:

Though I do agree that it is really a combination of all things that is to blame, so certainly in some part parents and the school systems are to blame. I wouldn't actually put it so much on the teachers themselves though. Where do you think the teachers get their attitude from? It is the system that is pushing them down, which, in turn, pushes the students down.

You're both suffering from the same problem, whether you realize it or not. It's a problem that has to be fixed at the top. Believe it or not, teachers are people too. I bet if you took the time to work with them, you could revitalize their passion to some extent. Possibly you could even 'fight the system' together.

But then that would require you to be passionate about learning and improving the schools yourself. A passion which, sadly, most students lack.
February 3, 2006 4:00:15 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I pretty much hated everything my AP English teacher threw at me too. The only thing I found remotely interesting was Ayn Rand's "Anthem." After I read that I was hooked on Ayn Rand. She's my all time favorite American/Russian author.

I always buy Atlas Shrugged and make it required reading for managers who work under me.
Perhaps I shall have to look these things up some time. :) 
February 3, 2006 4:01:13 PM

but isn't the point of edumakashun about learning how not to do any work, at least less is more?
February 3, 2006 4:02:59 PM

Quote:
I blame spel chekers, IM and txt for the Dimaise of the English langage.
I blame text messaging on mobile phones. :lol:  They're the worst culprit. The damage done by IMs pales in comparison.
February 3, 2006 4:06:24 PM

Hey... don't blame txting on all our problems! A girl was able to give a lead on her killer to good 'ole Grissom using a txt msg on CSI last night.

:wink:

-mpjesse
February 3, 2006 4:09:12 PM

Absolutely, I think Cell phone text messages are becoming more popular way of communicating than IM or chat rooms combines, because there are almost as much cell phones in use as there are Internet connections, and as many of you know that Wired phone service has been loosing to Cell phone sales and Blackberry services and I bet most of these sales are going out to teenagers under 18. And as anyone with a mind knows that most of the English you learn is learned during the 13-17 age range the same age range that is buying these text message and 10-4 Services on their cell phones.
February 3, 2006 4:09:55 PM

Quote:
but isn't the point of edumakashun about learning how not to do any work, at least less is more?
:lol:  Perhaps if you're studying physics to learn how to use less energy when involved in physical labor.

Though, at least in my experience, proper English skills are always about creating more work than less. For that matter, my math teachers were always ragging on me to show more of my work. Work work work. Blah.

Is it my fault that I could do it in my head and wasn't sufficiently boring enough of a person to write it all out? It'd have been one thing if I were wrong, but being right should have been fair enough proof that I knew what I was doing. He he he. :mrgreen:

But anywhen, it seems, at least from my experience, that for the most part it was always about making more work than necessary, even when it should have been less work in the end.
February 3, 2006 4:09:57 PM

Email me your home address or PO BOX or whatever and I'll send Atlas Shrugged out to you. Depending on how much free time you have, it'll take a little while to read.

Edward Olmos (Admiral Odama) taught me to never lend a book. Always give a book.

Hehehe...

-mpjesse
February 3, 2006 4:14:53 PM

Unless of course your profession happens to be a stenographer. :-)

-mpjesse
February 3, 2006 4:17:21 PM

Isn't it Commander?

:p 
February 3, 2006 4:36:22 PM

oh god, u guys are crazy, this was a post on a fact that apple sukks and Pc rocks becassue apple is boasting that intel was stupid to give PC users(ones with out Apple o/s) all this power and no good reason to use it. Pc Rokkx, Apple (Candy Suxx) lol, get it Vice city joke still!!!
February 3, 2006 4:40:37 PM

No, he was promoted to Fleet Admiral a couple weeks ago after that Cylon bitch finished off Ensign Roe Larin.

Thank god for that.

-mpjesse
February 3, 2006 7:53:52 PM

Quote:
Absolutely, I think Cell phone text messages are becoming more popular way of communicating than IM or chat rooms combines, because there are almost as much cell phones in use as there are Internet connections, and as many of you know that Wired phone service has been loosing to Cell phone sales and Blackberry services and I bet most of these sales are going out to teenagers under 18. And as anyone with a mind knows that most of the English you learn is learned during the 13-17 age range the same age range that is buying these text message and 10-4 Services on their cell phones.

you should come over to the UK. text messaging took off massively over here years ago, (we now have picture and video messaging).

my mobile contract has 200 free texts per month and i used to send thousands per month. here people would rather send a text than make a call!

and it really has made the english language a lot worse! my mum sent me a text tonight that was practically encrypted!!!
February 3, 2006 8:27:51 PM

I blame being lazy. :roll:
February 3, 2006 8:38:28 PM

Quote:
Any PC with Any AMD or Intel Chip still Does a better Job then any Apple I know of so far. I Know People say Intel on PC's is still lightyears better than Apple And I stand by that statement. Anf thinking of Apples you cannot tamper with the Motherboard and the Chip itself to get much performance increase From the FSB and Or the Unknown Multiplyer. In apples you can only go FSB boosts and maybe RAM overclocks that's pretty much it. PC rocks Apple Sukks!!

WTF? Get a life!!!! I swear I haven't seen so much crappy sentences together since I heard George Bush.
Are you on drugs??
February 3, 2006 9:04:54 PM

I'm sorry, what was this post about?
!