Clean Epson heads for 1Ec error code?

Found an Epson Stylus Photo 825 sitting on a curb.

Brought it home & found it displays a 1Ec error code.

I've been using strictly HP printers, with printheads on the ink
cartridges, for decades, and I'm not familiar with Epsons.

Googled around & found many posts about cleaning the Epson heads with
ammonia solution or Windex with ammonia.

Should I bother trying to clean the heads for a 1Ec error code?

Is there any chance that cleaning the heads would revive this printer?

(The installed cartridges are non-Epson.)

TIA,

George

--
To email, remove the PLUG from my address.

Have you tried replacing the color cartridge?

Install the printer and status monitor and see if the color ink is low.

"Saler" <saler@earthlink.netPLUG> wrote in message
> Found an Epson Stylus Photo 825 sitting on a curb.
>
> Brought it home & found it displays a 1Ec error code.
>
> I've been using strictly HP printers, with printheads on the ink
> cartridges, for decades, and I'm not familiar with Epsons.
>
> Googled around & found many posts about cleaning the Epson heads with
> ammonia solution or Windex with ammonia.
>
> Should I bother trying to clean the heads for a 1Ec error code?
>
> Is there any chance that cleaning the heads would revive this printer?
>
> (The installed cartridges are non-Epson.)
>
> TIA,
>
> George
>
> --
> To email, remove the PLUG from my address.

Thanks, but I found it sitting on a curb, .... I'm not going to start
off by spending money on it :)

In article <CeNpd.24458$Rf1.13219@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com>,
Safetymom123 <safetymom123@prodigy.net> wrote:

> Have you tried replacing the color cartridge?
>
> Install the printer and status monitor and see if the color ink is low.
>

> "Saler" <saler@earthlink.netPLUG> wrote in message
> > Found an Epson Stylus Photo 825 sitting on a curb.
> >
> > Brought it home & found it displays a 1Ec error code.
> >
> > I've been using strictly HP printers, with printheads on the ink
> > cartridges, for decades, and I'm not familiar with Epsons.
> >
> > Googled around & found many posts about cleaning the Epson heads with
> > ammonia solution or Windex with ammonia.
> >
> > Should I bother trying to clean the heads for a 1Ec error code?
> >
> > Is there any chance that cleaning the heads would revive this printer?
> >
> > (The installed cartridges are non-Epson.)
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > George
> >
> > --
> > To email, remove the PLUG from my address.

--
To email, remove the PLUG from my address.

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:34:23 GMT, Saler <saler@earthlink.netPLUG> wrote:

>Thanks, but I found it sitting on a curb, .... I'm not going to start
>off by spending money on it :)

sad git

In article <vgjgq0lir5k7hnos4m71ad1qilu8q9ig9l@4ax.com>, pete
<pete@maildox.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:34:23 GMT, Saler <saler@earthlink.netPLUG> wrote:
>
> >Thanks, but I found it sitting on a curb, .... I'm not going to start
> >off by spending money on it :)
> >

> sad git

Translation?

--
To email, remove the PLUG from my address.

TRENDING THREADS