Clean Epson heads for 1Ec error code?

Found an Epson Stylus Photo 825 sitting on a curb.

Brought it home & found it displays a 1Ec error code.

I've been using strictly HP printers, with printheads on the ink
cartridges, for decades, and I'm not familiar with Epsons.

Googled around & found many posts about cleaning the Epson heads with
ammonia solution or Windex with ammonia.

Should I bother trying to clean the heads for a 1Ec error code?

Is there any chance that cleaning the heads would revive this printer?

(The installed cartridges are non-Epson.)

TIA,

George

--
To email, remove the PLUG from my address.
4 answers Last reply

    Have you tried replacing the color cartridge?

    Install the printer and status monitor and see if the color ink is low.

    "Saler" <saler@earthlink.netPLUG> wrote in message
    > Found an Epson Stylus Photo 825 sitting on a curb.
    >
    > Brought it home & found it displays a 1Ec error code.
    >
    > I've been using strictly HP printers, with printheads on the ink
    > cartridges, for decades, and I'm not familiar with Epsons.
    >
    > Googled around & found many posts about cleaning the Epson heads with
    > ammonia solution or Windex with ammonia.
    >
    > Should I bother trying to clean the heads for a 1Ec error code?
    >
    > Is there any chance that cleaning the heads would revive this printer?
    >
    > (The installed cartridges are non-Epson.)
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > George
    >
    > --
    > To email, remove the PLUG from my address.

    Thanks, but I found it sitting on a curb, .... I'm not going to start
    off by spending money on it :-)

    On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:34:23 GMT, Saler <saler@earthlink.netPLUG> wrote:

    >Thanks, but I found it sitting on a curb, .... I'm not going to start
    >off by spending money on it :-)

    sad git

    In article <vgjgq0lir5k7hnos4m71ad1qilu8q9ig9l@4ax.com>, pete
    <pete@maildox.com> wrote:

    > On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:34:23 GMT, Saler <saler@earthlink.netPLUG> wrote:
    >
    > >Thanks, but I found it sitting on a curb, .... I'm not going to start
    > >off by spending money on it :-)
    > >

    > sad git

    Translation?

    --
    To email, remove the PLUG from my address.

Printers Epson Peripherals