Netgear FVS318 Lost internet connection when set up VPN

Farmer

Hi
Anyone having this problem when I set up a VPN on this FVS318 for a client
coming in I specify a range of IP address's that they can access such as
192.168.0.10 to 192.168.0.15 the computer in the office is 192.168.0.11
cannot access the internet anymore when I change the computer IP outside
this range it works ok or when I change the local address range on the
router to just say 192.168.0.5 to 192.168.0.10 the computer with the IP of
192.168.0.11 can access the internet ok. I have been able to duplicate this
several times what should this have to do with the WAN access of this
computer.
The VPN works ok.

Any Help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Farmer

Tunnel can be accessed from any local addressa subnet of local
addressa range of local addressa single local address
Local LAN start IP Address ...
Local LAN finish IP Address ...

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Not sure what your saying but,
One end of the VPN has to have a differant IP range from the other.
Example:
Computers and router at home is setup on the ip range of 192.168.1.0
Computers and router at office is setup on the ip range of 192.168.2.0
Hope this helps.

"farmer" <farmer@farmer.usa> wrote in message
> Hi
> Anyone having this problem when I set up a VPN on this FVS318 for a client
> coming in I specify a range of IP address's that they can access such as
> 192.168.0.10 to 192.168.0.15 the computer in the office is 192.168.0.11
> cannot access the internet anymore when I change the computer IP outside
> this range it works ok or when I change the local address range on the
> router to just say 192.168.0.5 to 192.168.0.10 the computer with the IP of
> 192.168.0.11 can access the internet ok. I have been able to duplicate
this
> several times what should this have to do with the WAN access of this
> computer.
> The VPN works ok.
>
> Any Help will be greatly appreciated
> Thanks
> Farmer
>

> Tunnel can be accessed from any local addressa subnet of local
> addressa range of local addressa single local address
> Local LAN start IP Address ...
> Local LAN finish IP Address ...

I just bought that router as well. I am assuming you are trying to connect
2 LAN's. I just want to use it as an endpoint. Does anyone know if the
Windows XP vpn connector will work. I can't seem to get it going.

Patrick