Sign in with
Your question

New PC not working HELP!!!

Last response: in CPUs
February 2, 2006 6:31:46 PM

Ok I finally bought a new PC. But i'm having problems getting it started. I bought a Opty 175, DFI lan part UT nf4 ultra-D, OCz modstream 520w, 2GB twinX xms Corsair memory, 7800gt OC, and a 74gb raptor. The problem is that the cpu fan won't spin very fast, only about 688rpm's. Do you know if there is incompatiblity problems with any of the stuff I have? Or is it the mobo that's messed up, PSU or the memory? I read that DFI does have incompatibility problems with memory and PSU's. Any help would be great. Just got this stuff last week and can't even enjoy it. :cry:  :cry:  :cry: 

More about : working

February 2, 2006 6:35:59 PM

In the BIOS, there should be a speed control of CPU fan.
You can disable it to run full speed, and ignore if fan speed to low.
It's threshhold just might be set higher than it got so fan did not run at full speed.
Anyway, check out those settings
February 2, 2006 7:14:00 PM

Quote:
In the BIOS, there should be a speed control of CPU fan.
You can disable it to run full speed, and ignore if fan speed to low.
It's threshhold just might be set higher than it got so fan did not run at full speed.
Anyway, check out those settings

Do you know or read that if there is any incompatibility with the stuff that I have? DFI, memory, PSU or the CPU? :cry: 
Related resources
February 2, 2006 7:17:38 PM

Not off hand.
February 2, 2006 7:31:48 PM

Quote:
Not off hand.

dont you have a OPTY 175? Mine is retail I think you said your's was OEM. So what could be causing this problem? Bad CPU, PSU or Bad MOBO? :cry: 
February 2, 2006 7:38:04 PM

Could be a bad fan sensor...
Try a case fan plugged into CPU connecter, and CPU fan in Case Fan connector, and see if reading switch.
If so, I would suspect the fan.
Is your mobo containing the latest BIOS revision?
February 2, 2006 8:48:58 PM

Quote:
Could be a bad fan sensor...
Try a case fan plugged into CPU connecter, and CPU fan in Case Fan connector, and see if reading switch.
If so, I would suspect the fan.
Is your mobo containing the latest BIOS revision?

Nope my mobo doesn't have the lastest bios. OR at least I dont know if is. I had a friend hook it up but he didnt' really finish doing anything.
!