Archer01

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2001
I'm interested in getting started in water cooling. I'd like to start out with a kit in order to get comfortable starting. Quieting my PC is my primary goal and overclocking is secondary. I also want a kit that has CPU, VGA and North Bridge blocks included.

I've looked at the Zalman Reserator 1 Plus kit and I like what I see but I was hopeing to get something that would fit inside my Antec Sonata Case with a radiator that would bolt onto the 120mm mounting point the case has.

I am open to any suggestions. Absolute best water cooling is not requred and I'd rather not hut around for a dozen different individual parts. I'm willing to spend up to $300 but the cheeper the better.

Thanks!

john_thor

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
That's the third time Ive seen you say that, and I've only been using these boards a week. I'm pretty sure you work for them, indirectly at least.

RichPLS

Champion
Yeah, except, as soon as I see a better or equivlant unit for same or less dollars, I will toot thier horn too... and then the TT BWse will become second place in my book... just hadnt happened yet.

Archer01

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2001
I bought the Thermaltech BigWater SE kit last night along with a Thermaltech VGA block for cooling my video card. I will post some notes about how the kit worked for me here in case anybody is interested in a novice's perspective. I'll try and post some temp numbers so people can compair to other systems out there.

RichPLS

Champion
I think you will find it very well made, and should have no complaints about temps either.
Be sure to snug up screws on water block very snug to the CPU, oh, and use thermal paste, I actually used what TT supplied, since I could not find my tube of AS5