XP service pack 2.. Firewall

Hi all,i just installed Service pack 2 and notice that it make positive
announcements that the FIREWALL is now ON.
Does oanyone know if its better than the original XP firewall,and,does it
now Block OUTGOING spyware as well???

Silly Question.....is it as good as Zonealarm please ?
3 answers Last reply
More about service pack firewall

    Hi,

    It's better in that it's more configurable, but it still doesn't block
    outgoing traffic. It is still a basic firewall, and many will still prefer a
    third-party solution (like Zone Alarm).

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "C.J." <rredbeak@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi all,i just installed Service pack 2 and notice that it make positive
    > announcements that the FIREWALL is now ON.
    > Does oanyone know if its better than the original XP firewall,and,does it
    > now Block OUTGOING spyware as well???
    >
    > Silly Question.....is it as good as Zonealarm please ?

    Hi

    The XP SP2 doesn't monitor outgoing access to the internet. You will need
    to install a 3rd party '2-way' Firewall such ZoneAlarm.

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "C.J." <rredbeak@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi all,i just installed Service pack 2 and notice that it make positive
    > announcements that the FIREWALL is now ON.
    > Does oanyone know if its better than the original XP firewall,and,does it
    > now Block OUTGOING spyware as well???
    >
    > Silly Question.....is it as good as Zonealarm please ?

    I just installed SP2, and was pleasantly surprised it recognized Zonealarm
    as my firewall, and didn't activate its own!
    Tom
    "C.J." <rredbeak@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi all,i just installed Service pack 2 and notice that it make positive
    > announcements that the FIREWALL is now ON.
    > Does oanyone know if its better than the original XP firewall,and,does it
    > now Block OUTGOING spyware as well???
    >
    > Silly Question.....is it as good as Zonealarm please ?

Firewalls Microsoft Windows XP