good beginner case?

Pepicek

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
that's a lot of money for no power supply. But my biggest criticism is the drive cages... way too much internal space taken up by way too many 5.25" bays where the average builder may only use 2, 3 tops. I would want to see more features in 3.5" detachable cages with tooless vibration isolation drive mountings, not to mention simply more 3.5" bays.

And note the manufacturer's note as written on their web site:

"Important Notice :

Please note that the Robela water case is compatible with most standard power supplies, whose lengths are 140~145mm from the rear of the case to the front.

However, some power supplies, whose lengths are more than 150mm, would be a bit of tight to close the side panel. Thus, we are going to modify it, and the new version will be ready to release soon.

Before that, please make sure to use standard power supplies with the length of 140~145mm to avoid compatibility problems. Thank you!"

Depending on the rest of your system build specs, you "might" be limiting your selection of PSU.

First time build.... might try air cooled, leaving future work in tinkering with water cool, after-market.

good luck

RichPLS

Champion
One of the best quality aluminum cases I have ever owned is this model...but jet black. The discontinued it, and these will close out the line.
Slide out mobo tray, removable 5x3.5 drive cage at bottom, 5 quiet case fans with guards...

http://www.directron.com/directron/201t0005.html

The following one is same basic design and quality but steel.

http://www.directron.com/directron/sf561t.html

Also, I recently bought the Lian Li PC-60plus, similar, but it is not of the same aircraft high quality machining that SuperFlower put in the 201T series.

Spyder911

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
I previously had an Antec case (mid-tower) but a bit noisy and flimsy. What makes one case more expensive than another? Is it the power supply that comes with it or the number of bays? I already have a 420 watt power supply from my old case so power isn't a big concern for me. Just wondering how much I should spend on something like this - want an ieee-1394 port and some peace and quiet and some roominess on the inside. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

RichPLS

Champion
High quality machined parts, snug smooth fit of drive bays, doors, etc, roomy and easy to access, removable drive cage, and motherboard tray, 5 case good quality quiet fans with gold metal finger guards, and of course the eye candy camouflage coating and windows.
The one I have cost about $40 less, but was just black.
This one is fancied up, but same quality.
You get what you pay for, and this case will last for many many upgrades...