Closed

Very old computer working?

EDIT FROM A MODERATOR

BEFORE YOU START RESPONDING TO THIS THREAD, REALIZE THAT IT WAS POSTED 1 & 1/2 YEARS AGO



Hi. I would like to know if my old computer can work again. I will tell the specs:

CPU: Pentium 66 MHZ
Hard disk: WD 500 mb
GFX card: Unknown
Sound card: None
Network card: Unknown


Does it can work again?
1316 answers Last reply
More about very computer working
  1. gosh. did you use electricity to power it?
  2. Why? There is a PSU in it but theres no stickers on it so i can't know how much V is it.
  3. Quote:
    did you use electricity to power it?


    LOL.

    These questions kill me sometimes.

    -mpjesse
  4. Are you in the United States/Canada? If so, 120V is the one you want to use. 220 is for Europe. Is that what you mean?

    I know your english isn't that great, but try to give more details and use http://babelfish.altavista.com/

    -mpjesse
  5. Quote:
    Hi. I would like to know if my old computer can work again.

    How about this one? Isn't the fastest way just to power it to see if it works? I was joking you know...
  6. Quote:
    Hi. I would like to know if my old computer can work again.

    How about this one? Isn't the fastest way just to power it to see if it works? I was joking you know...
    I got no power cord.

    And yes im from Canada.
  7. mhm, yes, now i understand:) you didn't point out this fact though
  8. What do you mean?
  9. If you say it work, i will buy a powercord and overclock the CPU.
    If you say it don't work, well, i will don't bye a power cord.
  10. :)))) Well, you know without a power cord is tough sometimes. And yes, you can run electricity through gases. But then you would need a hell of a complicated system to direct the current and ionize the air and keep yourself unfried and dunno where would you find the ionizing component nor all of the other hardware. Joking. The thing is, is thought it's a stupid question so i gave a stupid answer. Forget about it.
    favourite quote:"Give a stupid ASKII get a stupid ANSI"
  11. Ugh i mean, i got the ATX calbes. I just dont have the wire to plug it into the wall.
  12. Why bother even trying? what would be the point? Is this just to experiment with or do you actually plan on using this if it works cause i hate to tell you, but... its a piece of crap, no offence, and probably won't run anything. The new power cord would probably be worth more than it.

    By the way what os would be on this 95?
  13. Yes.
  14. Do not try any attempts to power. You're in risk of a serious injury judging your familiarity with computer hardware.
  15. Im gonna overclock it and sell it.
  16. Overclock it? To what? 100Mhz?
    Honestly I don't see any market value at all in selling it.
    You'd probably get more if you scrap it and find someone to buy the metal pieces.

    You can probably just go to a computer shop and they'll give you a cable to plug the PS into the wall with... Probably for free.
  17. No they are 10$
    I'm gonna overclock to max. I have installed a HSF because normaly, pentiums dont need fans. Im gonna sell it 40 - 50$.
  18. But why? I have a computer just like that and it has... get this ... a "turbo button, which overclocks the cpu from like 60 to 88 or something, basically nothing. Also the thing is a beast it huge.

    Also you'd probably have to pay someone to take it , and it would probably go straight to the dump.

    Do not try any attempts to power. You're in risk of a serious injury judging your familiarity with computer hardware.
    Quote:


    lol its so true
  19. Where?!In Afganistan?
  20. LOL. Come one man, it was kind of a stupid question. Just get a regular 120V black 3 pin power cord from CompUSA or whatever computer store you Canadians use.

    -mpjesse
  21. wow i really have to figure out how to do quotes
  22. My computer got a turbo button too.
  23. Are you talking about computer managing a fuel injection? :)
  24. I'm sorry but i have to say this... you give canadians a bad name,

    the turbo does nothing... that was the joke and by the way if your from quebec your barley canadian!
  25. It could work again I have an old computer that i call old faithful the thing is like ten years old but it still keeps ticking i can't believe it starts every morning when i go to turn it on but it does. At first i fixed it because i was board but now it's kinda nistalgic.

    Pentium 233mhz
    128mb ram hard to find 4 32mb simms but i did
    32md video card
    a network card
    2x 2gb H.D.D
    and a 52x CDROM

    don't know the watts rating on the power supply ohh and I also have windows 2000 up and running on it with enough headroom for apps
  26. Quote:
    My computer got a turbo button too.



    Your brain should have one too.. And never.. I repeat. Never tell anybody your from Canada again... I don't want to be categorized because of you.

    What if your small brain would tell you to use the same cord that power the computer you're on right now? ouuuuuh ouuuuh!! take a rest man.. I burned you!

    By the way, if the computer work again, then for 250$, we can have a deal.


    You send me 250$ and when I get the money, I'll send you an adress where to send the computer.
  27. wow i really have to figure out how to do quotes

    Quote:
    So true ... oups
  28. Quote:
    It could work again I have an old computer that i call old faithful the thing is like ten years old but it still keeps ticking i can't believe it starts every morning when i go to turn it on but it does. At first i fixed it because i was board but now it's kinda nistalgic.

    Pentium 233mhz
    128mb ram hard to find 4 32mb simms but i did
    32md video card
    a network card
    2x 2gb H.D.D
    and a 52x CDROM

    don't know the watts rating on the power supply ohh and I also have windows 2000 up and running on it with enough headroom for apps


    Ugh you got strong computer. my old computer got 8 mb RAM and use windows 95.
  29. This has to be the wierdest thread I've seen all year.

    -mpjesse
  30. I could play starcraft fine with it. Just a little little lags.
  31. Quote:

    Your brain should have one too.. And never.. I repeat. Never tell anybody your from Canada again... I don't want to be categorized because of you.

    What if your small brain would tell you to use the same cord that power the computer you're on right now? ouuuuuh ouuuuh!! take a rest man.. I burned you!

    By the way, if the computer work again, then for 250$, we can have a deal.


    You send me 250$ and when I get the money, I'll send you an adress where to send the computer.

    At least i had a good laugh at all written by this guy. Maybe he has some strange sense of humour?
  32. Well, the one about blowing the dust wasnt too bad too!!
  33. Maybe you live near a nuclear weapons lab, but this guy lives inside it :)
  34. Ugh, i'm serious!
  35. if any computer lags playing starcraft its not worth fixing

    deranged quebcer please stop talking
  36. Quote:
    I'm sorry but i have to say this... you give canadians a bad name,

    the turbo does nothing... that was the joke and by the way if your from quebec your barley canadian!


    Just because of him.. I refuse to be canadian anymore..
  37. Uh man, come on! Nobody in this thread is serious anymore. Least of all you!
  38. But my computer depend of it!
  39. I'm sorry but we gave him his answer and more and he still keeps coming out with so many stupid comments that we can't help but burn his dumb ass.
  40. Quote:
    I'm sorry but we gave him his answer and more and he still keeps coming out with so many stupid comments that we can't help but burn his dumb ass.

    Nah, don't think of any excuse to joke with this guy, I mean you don't need an excuse to do it :) I personally could do it all night(it's3:09am here).
  41. 20:12 here but the only answer i need is a NO or a YES.
  42. OK!YES!SI!DA!
    Get electrocuted you d.mb a..!
  43. If thats all you want, a yes or no answer get a MAGIC 8 ball or flip a coin, GOD your stupid, no offence
  44. Ok thanks. And you forgot the: 'OUI' (from my language)
  45. I know only bulgarian russian english and spanish. french sucks!(no offence but writing what i hear as boku like "beaucoup" is just dumb)
  46. Quote:
    This has to be the wierdest thread I've seen all year.

    -mpjesse


    From Graphics post:INSANITY, FOR SOME REASON THEY SHIPED ME A 7900GTX?!?!?!??!?
    Quote:
    i just orderd a 7800gtx off of some british website a few days ago, when i opend the box i was supprised for some reason i recieved a 7900 gtx 512mb. i havent put this card in my computer yet because i think that i could make a lot of cash selling it. the card is massive i think it ways about 15lbs, it is also very long other than that it looks like the previouse generation


    Maybe the two should get together. . . :wink:
  47. What kind of drugs do those guys use!??!?!? Damn i want to try some!
  48. Quote:
    This has to be the wierdest thread I've seen all year.

    -mpjesse


    From Graphics post:INSANITY, FOR SOME REASON THEY SHIPED ME A 7900GTX?!?!?!??!?
    Quote:
    i just orderd a 7800gtx off of some british website a few days ago, when i opend the box i was supprised for some reason i recieved a 7900 gtx 512mb. i havent put this card in my computer yet because i think that i could make a lot of cash selling it. the card is massive i think it ways about 15lbs, it is also very long other than that it looks like the previouse generation


    Maybe the two should get together. . . :wink:

    haha quotes of the day
  49. ouch... i'm sensing some hostility... how bout this you tard... ferme la bouch tu sac de merd, vous avez baisez et tu bais ton mere!

    translation... shut your mouth you shit bag, your a fucker and you fuck your mom!

    you even give french a bad name
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Western Digital Computer