Sonicwall vpn wan termination.

I am trying to setup a Sonicwall pro vpn. We are on firmware 6.4.2.0
We want to use ike. We want to limit the computers the "Software
Client" Sonicwall VPN Client 8.0 can access. From what I understand
this is handled by selecting "Apply Nat and Firewall Rules" in the
advanced section. My question concerns the software configuration. I
can easily setup the ike vpn and connect as long as the "Apply Nat and
Firewall Rules" is not checked. I have created a test rule "ALLOW
ping from WAN 192.1.1.1 thru 192.1.1.10 to LAN 192.10.1.1 thru
192.10.1.10"

From what I've read the remote vpn's ip address should be allowed thru
the firewall.

mrdavidwallis wrote:

> I am trying to setup a Sonicwall pro vpn. We are on firmware 6.4.2.0
> We want to use ike. We want to limit the computers the "Software
> Client" Sonicwall VPN Client 8.0 can access. From what I understand
> this is handled by selecting "Apply Nat and Firewall Rules" in the
> advanced section. My question concerns the software configuration. I
> can easily setup the ike vpn and connect as long as the "Apply Nat and
> Firewall Rules" is not checked. I have created a test rule "ALLOW
> ping from WAN 192.1.1.1 thru 192.1.1.10 to LAN 192.10.1.1 thru
> 192.10.1.10"
>
> From what I've read the remote vpn's ip address should be allowed thru
> the firewall.

If you check off that box ("Apply Nat and Firewall Rules") you will not
be able to see the LAN segment at all. Only the sonicwall public address
will be visible.

It's intended for use in box to box configs - so if you have a box at
home, you check off "Apply Nat and Firewall Rules" and the folks at the
office don't see your lan, only your soinicwall public address.