Upated VirtualPlaya scenery

After reading about boB's recent troubles with the Painted Desert, I
was reminded of this scenery project - a reproduction of the Burningman
Festival.

Oakland, California, artist Andrew Johnstone has built an interactive,
3D Black Rock City. Originally created for Flight Simulator 2002, it
was described in this Wired News article last year:

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,61732,00.html?tw=wn_story_related

I was pleased to discover that Johnstone has continue to maintain his
website and has update his scenery for FS2004:

http://virtualplaya.org/page1.html

- Jeff

dallas

"jschall"
>scenery project - a reproduction of the Burning Man
> Festival.

At first I thought, "There are starving children in Indonesia, and this is
what this guy chooses to do with his time?"

So, I went out and got myself a good high colonic. Now with a clearer mind,
it really is pretty amazing what has been done with our little program and
this site demonstrates it.

http://virtualplaya.org/screenshots.html

Dallas

(Rightponders: Every year, in the week leading up to Labor Day, 30,000
artists, musicians, clowns, and counterculturalists converge on Nevada's
Black Rock Desert for the annual Burning Man festival. Part Halloween,
part Carnaval, part Acid Trip and only in America.)

http://www.burningman.com/