PMDG 737-800/900 non purchasers

I already own the PMDG 737-600/700 but I was debating if I should pick up
the 800/900 series also. My main concern is the price. After purchasing
both addons I would have paid close to $70 and does it really add anything
to the package.

So my questions to all are:

1. Why haven't you purchased the 800/900 upgrade?

2. If you did purchase it do you feel it was worth it and why?

Thanks for any responses to either question

Your name <youremail@email.com> wrote in message news:<Xns963858FAA99711568@207.115.63.158>...

> 2. If you did purchase it do you feel it was worth it and why?

I also own the 800/900 upgrade and I don't regret any cent I paid for
it. The systems that are modelled additionally are really great. You
get a TCAS, many improvements to the FMC and also improvements to the
rest of the systems like the overhead panel and so on. Besides this,
the frame rate slightly increased, at least on my PC with my
configuration. One other reason for me to buy the upgrade was more
personal. Just before I bought the upgrade I had flown into holidays
from EDDL to LTAI with one of those uncomfortable tourist bombers from
hapag lloyd, actually a 737-800. There is nearly exactly the same
livery for hapag lloyd available for the PMDG 800 that the real plane
had and I wanted to do the same flight in FS9 as close as possible to
the real flight, so that has been another reason for me to get the
upgrade.

I have both. I love the TCAS and the extra FMC functions, which it adds to
both the 700 and the new 800. Iv found it to be more stable an aircraft
Computer wise also. Besides, our national carrier Qantas only have the -800
series (well the -400 and -800).

so yes, Extra features in the -800, some of which I really feel I can't do
without while flying on vatsim.

On 14 Apr 2005 22:05:32 -0700, Thorsten Schaub wrote:

>One other reason for me to buy the upgrade was more
> personal. Just before I bought the upgrade I had flown into holidays
> from EDDL to LTAI with one of those uncomfortable tourist bombers from
> hapag lloyd, actually a 737-800. There is nearly exactly the same
> livery for hapag lloyd available for the PMDG 800 that the real plane
> had and I wanted to do the same flight in FS9 as close as possible to
> the real flight, so that has been another reason for me to get the
> upgrade.

Wouldn't it have been less expensive to duplicate such an uncomfortable
experience by simply binding your legs with duct tape for a few hours while
wedging yourself into the cabinet under the kitchen sink? ;)

Bill

Bill Leaming <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Wouldn't it have been less expensive to duplicate such an uncomfortable
> experience by simply binding your legs with duct tape for a few hours while
> wedging yourself into the cabinet under the kitchen sink? ;)
>
> Bill

That's what I actually did before the purchase - to recreate what I
felt as passenger (although I had an exit seat on the flight back to
germany - with plenty of room for my legs). After that I decided that
the pilots seat is more comfortable and bought the addon!