How to connect 2 Networks behind 2 Routers over internet

Hallo,

how to connect 2 Networks behind 2 Routers over internet.

I´m search for a easy to use system, cause i´m not a network
administrator.

--
Viele Grüsse - Stefan Franz
http://www.1-mann-band-city-line.de

Geht net, gibt´s net!
3 answers Last reply
More about connect networks routers internet

    Stefan Franz wrote:

    > Hallo,
    >
    > how to connect 2 Networks behind 2 Routers over internet.
    >
    > I´m search for a easy to use system, cause i´m not a network
    > administrator.

    Use Routers that can establish a static vpn tunnel between themselves
    over the internet.

    --
    Martin Bodenstedt

    Landtag von Baden-Württemberg (www.landtag-bw.de)

    Stefan Franz wrote:

    > Hallo,
    >
    > how to connect 2 Networks behind 2 Routers over internet.
    >
    > I´m search for a easy to use system, cause i´m not a network
    > administrator.

    well, a little info first:

    what type of routers? Are these "real" routers? (ie: cisco, bay/nortel,
    junpier, etc) or are they those cheesey little nat boxes that people are
    calling routers these days? (makes a difference - they work very
    differently)

    Are the routers doing network address translation or are they routing
    public addresses?

    If they are doing network address translation, you are likely outta luck
    unless you can run vpn tunnels directly on the routers. (even a lot of
    the lowend netgear and linksys junk can do that)

    Hi,

    I have two VPN routers (D-LINK DI808HV) and have established a secure VPN
    between the two. I can ping a PC by IP to confirm it.

    The problem is what other routing is needed to have the PC's in the remote
    location see the LAN and login to the domain on the LAN?

    <remote_winxp_192.168.1.135>--<Dlink_192.168.1.1>--VPN--<Dlink_192.168.0.1>-
    -<Win2k3_server_192.168.0.104_&_LAN_10.1.30.20>
    DNS and DHCP is on 10.1.30.26. The LAN is a Widows Active Directory domain.
    The remote PC's are all members of the domain - joined while at the main
    office.
    The Win2k3 server has two nics - one to the LAN and one to the DLINK.

    I can set up routes in the routers or in the server, but I don't know where?
    Do I need to bridge the two adapters in the Win2K3 box?

    Appreciate all expert advise!

    Thanks,

    Steve

    --

    (to reply remove the two)
    "Martin Bodenstedt" <martin.bodenstedt@landtag-bw.de> wrote in message
    Stefan Franz wrote:

    > Hallo,
    >
    > how to connect 2 Networks behind 2 Routers over internet.
    >
    > I´m search for a easy to use system, cause i´m not a network
    > administrator.

    Use Routers that can establish a static vpn tunnel between themselves
    over the internet.

    --
    Martin Bodenstedt

    Landtag von Baden-Württemberg (www.landtag-bw.de)

VPN Routers Connection Internet Networking