How to connect 2 Networks behind 2 Routers over internet

Last response: in Networking
July 22, 2004 9:36:44 PM

Hallo,

how to connect 2 Networks behind 2 Routers over internet.

I´m search for a easy to use system, cause i´m not a network
administrator.

--
Viele Grüsse - Stefan Franz
http://www.1-mann-band-city-line.de

Geht net, gibt´s net!
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 5:42:35 PM

Stefan Franz wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> how to connect 2 Networks behind 2 Routers over internet.
>
> I´m search for a easy to use system, cause i´m not a network
> administrator.

Use Routers that can establish a static vpn tunnel between themselves
over the internet.

--
Martin Bodenstedt

Landtag von Baden-Württemberg (www.landtag-bw.de)
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 8:05:47 PM

Stefan Franz wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> how to connect 2 Networks behind 2 Routers over internet.
>
> I´m search for a easy to use system, cause i´m not a network
> administrator.

well, a little info first:

what type of routers? Are these "real" routers? (ie: cisco, bay/nortel,
junpier, etc) or are they those cheesey little nat boxes that people are
calling routers these days? (makes a difference - they work very
differently)

Are the routers doing network address translation or are they routing
public addresses?

If they are doing network address translation, you are likely outta luck
unless you can run vpn tunnels directly on the routers. (even a lot of
the lowend netgear and linksys junk can do that)
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 8:46:20 AM

Hi,

I have two VPN routers (D-LINK DI808HV) and have established a secure VPN
between the two. I can ping a PC by IP to confirm it.

The problem is what other routing is needed to have the PC's in the remote
location see the LAN and login to the domain on the LAN?

<remote_winxp_192.168.1.135>--<Dlink_192.168.1.1>--VPN--<Dlink_192.168.0.1>-
-<Win2k3_server_192.168.0.104_&_LAN_10.1.30.20>
DNS and DHCP is on 10.1.30.26. The LAN is a Widows Active Directory domain.
The remote PC's are all members of the domain - joined while at the main
office.
The Win2k3 server has two nics - one to the LAN and one to the DLINK.

I can set up routes in the routers or in the server, but I don't know where?
Do I need to bridge the two adapters in the Win2K3 box?

Appreciate all expert advise!

Thanks,

Steve

--