A good summer toy.

Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 14, 2005 11:35:51 PM

http://www.seair.com/flyingboat.htm

More about : good summer toy

April 14, 2005 11:35:52 PM

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:35:51 GMT, "Dallas"
<Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our
attention:

>http://www.seair.com/flyingboat.htm

how come no bikini babe on board.. like on tv? :)
April 14, 2005 11:35:53 PM

With my luck, some yahoo would steal it thinking it might be a good fishing
raft, and end up charged with flying in unauthorized airspace.

Looks like fun though......can't imagine how my wallet would look after not
only paying for that toy and the lessons, but the insurance and gas as well.
Sorry.....this gadget is way out of my league, along with most other
gadgets.

Arthur

"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:35:51 GMT, "Dallas"
> <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our
> attention:
>
>>http://www.seair.com/flyingboat.htm
>>

> how come no bikini babe on board.. like on tv? :)

Related resources
April 15, 2005 12:25:44 AM

"Dallas"
> http://www.seair.com/flyingboat.htm

Well, maybe not so good... they want $23,000.00 for the flying raft.

Major Cahones... you can buy a Cessna for that.

Dallas
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 2:20:51 AM

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:25:44 GMT, Dallas wrote:

> "Dallas"
>> http://www.seair.com/flyingboat.htm
>
> Well, maybe not so good... they want $23,000.00 for the flying raft.
Imagine...

...... flying to a remote mountain fishing lake

...... landing on a remote beach off the coastline

........ soaring through the sky at eye level with eagles or hawks

....... spending the day at the lake looking DOWN at the
boats and jetskis!

........ falling out of the liferaft when you get a bit careless!

Bill
April 15, 2005 4:04:53 AM

Arthur wrote:

> With my luck, some yahoo would steal it thinking it might be a good fishing
> raft, and end up charged with flying in unauthorized airspace.
>
> Looks like fun though......can't imagine how my wallet would look after not
> only paying for that toy and the lessons, but the insurance and gas as well.
> Sorry.....this gadget is way out of my league, along with most other
> gadgets.
>
> Arthur

I don't think so Arthur. I wouldn't buy this flying boat either. It's
geared toward a specific type of people and since they are a small
start-up company, they will have to work hard to stay in business. One
thing I can see is they may have to lower their price and lessen the
time from order to delivery. But there are many more choices that are
well within your league.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
April 15, 2005 7:52:13 AM

"boB"
> they will have to work hard to stay in business.

Na... not even hard work could save that jack assed idea. :-)

I mean what are you going to do with it?... So it lands in water... then
what?

It's not like it becomes a boat.. you've got a giant sail attached to the
roof that's not going anywhere... you can't just cruise around on the water,
you've got to hold the wing all the time. If you beach it and walk down the
beach, a large gust could flip it over or launch it without you.

And you've got to trailer it... then you have to rig and de-rig the wing.
I've been a windsurfer for 21 years and I can tell you that rigging a sail
is a pain in the ass. That wing is like rigging 2 sails.

No thanks.

Dallas
April 15, 2005 8:52:57 AM

"Bill Leaming"
> ...... flying to a remote mountain fishing lake landing on a remote
beach off the coastline

Ah... yes, I buy the dream.. but the flying raft costs $23K and look what
you can get for less:
http://www.quadcitychallenger.com/

Ya don't have to blow this one up.. :-)

By the time boB and I finish with this group we'll have you all out there
flying these things. :-)

Dallas
April 15, 2005 11:08:02 AM

Dallas wrote:

> Ah... yes, I buy the dream.. but the flying raft costs $23K and look what
> you can get for less:
> http://www.quadcitychallenger.com/
>
> Ya don't have to blow this one up.. :-)
>
> By the time boB and I finish with this group we'll have you all out there
> flying these things. :-)
>

> Dallas

That's a pretty one (the Challenger). Lawn dart will be cruising
around in one before too long.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
April 15, 2005 11:13:04 PM

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:35:51 GMT, Dallas wrote:

> http://www.seair.com/flyingboat.htm

I think they developed that to bring a little more excitement into
fly-fishing. :-))

--

Marcel
(If you've gotta be part of a group, be part of a group of simmers!)

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 04:52:57 GMT, Dallas wrote:

> "Bill Leaming"
>> ...... flying to a remote mountain fishing lake landing on a remote
> beach off the coastline
> By the time boB and I finish with this group we'll have you all out there
> flying these things. :-)

Hmmm... you must have missed the sarcasm:

........ falling out of the liferaft when you get a bit careless!

Bill
April 18, 2005 9:17:50 AM

"Bill Leaming"
> Hmmm... you must have missed the sarcasm:
> ....... falling out of the liferaft when you get a bit careless!

Yes, I need to get my money back on that speed reading course.

I should have expected some sarcasm, after all it *was* a Bill Leaming post.
:-)

Dallas
!