A good summer toy.

http://www.seair.com/flyingboat.htm
11 answers Last reply
More about good summer

    On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:35:51 GMT, "Dallas"
    <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our
    attention:

    >http://www.seair.com/flyingboat.htm

    how come no bikini babe on board.. like on tv? :)

    With my luck, some yahoo would steal it thinking it might be a good fishing
    raft, and end up charged with flying in unauthorized airspace.

    Looks like fun though......can't imagine how my wallet would look after not
    only paying for that toy and the lessons, but the insurance and gas as well.
    Sorry.....this gadget is way out of my league, along with most other
    gadgets.

    Arthur

    "Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:35:51 GMT, "Dallas"
    > <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our
    > attention:
    >
    >>http://www.seair.com/flyingboat.htm
    >>

    > how come no bikini babe on board.. like on tv? :)

    "Dallas"
    > http://www.seair.com/flyingboat.htm

    Well, maybe not so good... they want $23,000.00 for the flying raft.

    Major Cahones... you can buy a Cessna for that.

    Dallas

    On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:25:44 GMT, Dallas wrote:

    > "Dallas"
    >> http://www.seair.com/flyingboat.htm
    >
    > Well, maybe not so good... they want $23,000.00 for the flying raft.
    Imagine...

    ...... flying to a remote mountain fishing lake

    ...... landing on a remote beach off the coastline

    ........ soaring through the sky at eye level with eagles or hawks

    ....... spending the day at the lake looking DOWN at the
    boats and jetskis!

    ........ falling out of the liferaft when you get a bit careless!

    Bill

    Arthur wrote:

    > With my luck, some yahoo would steal it thinking it might be a good fishing
    > raft, and end up charged with flying in unauthorized airspace.
    >
    > Looks like fun though......can't imagine how my wallet would look after not
    > only paying for that toy and the lessons, but the insurance and gas as well.
    > Sorry.....this gadget is way out of my league, along with most other
    > gadgets.
    >
    > Arthur

    I don't think so Arthur. I wouldn't buy this flying boat either. It's
    geared toward a specific type of people and since they are a small
    start-up company, they will have to work hard to stay in business. One
    thing I can see is they may have to lower their price and lessen the
    time from order to delivery. But there are many more choices that are
    well within your league.

    --

    boB

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    "boB"
    > they will have to work hard to stay in business.

    Na... not even hard work could save that jack assed idea. :-)

    I mean what are you going to do with it?... So it lands in water... then
    what?

    It's not like it becomes a boat.. you've got a giant sail attached to the
    roof that's not going anywhere... you can't just cruise around on the water,
    you've got to hold the wing all the time. If you beach it and walk down the
    beach, a large gust could flip it over or launch it without you.

    And you've got to trailer it... then you have to rig and de-rig the wing.
    I've been a windsurfer for 21 years and I can tell you that rigging a sail
    is a pain in the ass. That wing is like rigging 2 sails.

    No thanks.

    Dallas

    "Bill Leaming"
    > ...... flying to a remote mountain fishing lake landing on a remote
    beach off the coastline

    Ah... yes, I buy the dream.. but the flying raft costs $23K and look what
    you can get for less:
    http://www.quadcitychallenger.com/

    Ya don't have to blow this one up.. :-)

    By the time boB and I finish with this group we'll have you all out there
    flying these things. :-)

    Dallas

    Dallas wrote:

    > Ah... yes, I buy the dream.. but the flying raft costs $23K and look what
    > you can get for less:
    > http://www.quadcitychallenger.com/
    >
    > Ya don't have to blow this one up.. :-)
    >
    > By the time boB and I finish with this group we'll have you all out there
    > flying these things. :-)
    >

    > Dallas

    That's a pretty one (the Challenger). Lawn dart will be cruising
    around in one before too long.

    --

    boB

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:35:51 GMT, Dallas wrote:

    > http://www.seair.com/flyingboat.htm

    I think they developed that to bring a little more excitement into
    fly-fishing. :-))

    --

    Marcel
    (If you've gotta be part of a group, be part of a group of simmers!)

    On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 04:52:57 GMT, Dallas wrote:

    > "Bill Leaming"
    >> ...... flying to a remote mountain fishing lake landing on a remote
    > beach off the coastline
    > By the time boB and I finish with this group we'll have you all out there
    > flying these things. :-)

    Hmmm... you must have missed the sarcasm:

    ........ falling out of the liferaft when you get a bit careless!

    Bill

    "Bill Leaming"
    > Hmmm... you must have missed the sarcasm:
    > ....... falling out of the liferaft when you get a bit careless!

    Yes, I need to get my money back on that speed reading course.

    I should have expected some sarcasm, after all it *was* a Bill Leaming post.
    :-)

    Dallas

Games Microsoft Video Games