What's the purpose of different profile on PIXMA 5000

I find that there are different profile
under PS's print preview setting page such as..
PIXMA PR1
PIXMA PR2
PIXMA PR3
PIXMA SR1
PIXMA SR2
PIXMA SR3..

what's there purpose

and any official Canon PIXMA forum on the web?

tikong wrote:

> I find that there are different profile
> under PS's print preview setting page such as..
> PIXMA PR1
> PIXMA PR2
> PIXMA PR3
> PIXMA SR1
> PIXMA SR2
> PIXMA SR3..
>
> what's there purpose
>
> and any official Canon PIXMA forum on the web?

I noticed the same thing for my i9950. None of the profiles were any good even
though I was using Canon ink and Canon Photo Paper Pro.

--
Ben Thomas
given nor endorsed by it.

tikong wrote:
> I find that there are different profile
> under PS's print preview setting page such as..
> PIXMA PR1
> PIXMA PR2
> PIXMA PR3
> PIXMA SR1
> PIXMA SR2
> PIXMA SR3..
>
> what's there purpose
>
> and any official Canon PIXMA forum on the web?

Try this file. It may explain some things about profiles.

http://homepage.mac.com/renard/ls/Canon_ICC_Profile_Guide.pdf

--