qwerty

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2002

When I go to open some folders (it appears to be random), I get the "Access
is denied" dialog box saying the folder is not accessible. I can't do
anything at all with these folders - right click, delete button or use the
quick access tasks on the left.

Any suggestions? I haven't loaded SP2 yet... scared.

You may need to take ownership. See here
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"QWERTY" <i@i.com.au> wrote in message
> When I go to open some folders (it appears to be random), I get the
> "Access
> is denied" dialog box saying the folder is not accessible. I can't do
> anything at all with these folders - right click, delete button or use the
> quick access tasks on the left.
>
> Any suggestions? I haven't loaded SP2 yet... scared.

qwerty

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2002

Well that was just too easy, wasn't it! Thanks.

> You may need to take ownership. See here
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

> "QWERTY" <i@i.com.au> wrote in message
> > When I go to open some folders (it appears to be random), I get the
> > "Access
> > is denied" dialog box saying the folder is not accessible. I can't do
> > anything at all with these folders - right click, delete button or use
the
> > quick access tasks on the left.
> >
> > Any suggestions? I haven't loaded SP2 yet... scared.

You are welcome.