Sign in with
Your question

Case Modding: Moving the power, reset buttons and LEDs

Last response: in Components
February 3, 2006 9:17:36 AM

Hi there,

I just ordered a Thermaltake Shark which has all that I am looking for
except that the power, reset buttons and LEDs are behind the door.

Has anyone ever relocated these items to a new place on their case.
For me, I want to move them to a location on the "outside, top, front"
so I do not have to keep opening and closing the doors and they are
in easy reach when the case is put on the ground.

Many thanks.
February 3, 2006 9:50:10 AM

yes it can be done, i just moved mine to my side panel, (i have my case on my desk) i even moved my cdrom eject button there too!

you'd be better buying a new switch, i bought mine that had LED's inside the switch so i have power and disk acces flashing buttons :) 

you want push-to-make switches something like this

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=34861&crit...

hope this helps

Don
February 7, 2006 5:43:27 PM

wow, there isn't one thing not on the internet :) 

i just ordered the Lian Li PC-V1100B Silent plus. The one thing that almost made me change my mind is that it doesn't have a reset button. Seems like were going backwards in technology when you leave that out, then take a way pci slots on a mb.... but i know there's a reason for it all and thats why im glad to come across this thread. My point, could i use one of these buttons as a reset button on my new case? and what tools will i need to install it?

thanks

Pure529th
Related resources
February 7, 2006 6:04:13 PM

Quote:
could i use one of these buttons as a reset button on my new case? and what tools will i need to install it?

Hi,

Use the 2 wires from e.g. an old system speaker, saving the connector. solder it onto a button like the one above. Then drill a hole were you want it. Fasten the button and connect to mobo. Voila!

Good Luck!
February 7, 2006 6:35:06 PM

My buddy, he just used a light switch, it was ghetto rig. I still give him shit about it, he likes it because people at lan parties would just laughed at it. But it works and makes him look stupid noob. hahaha :D 
!