Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

suggestion on what to by next?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 9:03:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Hi everyone, I need some suggestions. My system : lap top, P4 1.3 GHz,
64mb Intel Video card, 1 gig ram.

What I like are Aircraft that have realistic start up and procedures
or semi-realistic will do. What I have: Feel There ERJ145, Flight1
Meridian, Cessna 172R & Piper 441, Aerowrox B-200.

What I am looking for:
1st choice a turboprop commuter aircraft like (PMDG’s Beech 1900D
$14.95 but at this price I am not sure that it is really what I want.
Its pretty simple according to there web site which means I would
probably be disappointed.) So I looked at the PMDG’s ATR 72-500 Now
this is more like it But there is a problem. There system req. are
slightly above what I have: P4 1.6 GHz, 128mb video card ( that’s
really going to hurt me), 512 Ram ( I have 1 gig, it will help but not
make up for all my shortages.

2nd choice: PMDG’s 737. Looks good again I am short on the video card
and a tiny bit short on processor they want 1.4 GHz. But they say it
will run on minimum FS9 requirements which means it will fly on my lap
top.

I have also looked at Capt Sim 707 but can’t find system requirements
but something tells me I won’t come close. Also looked at Eaglesoft
corporate jets but they seem to require very high end computer. I will
have a very high end computer in a few months, P4 3.8 GHz, 256mb
G-Force Video card, 16 Gig Ram, 2-80 Gig hard drives, with everything
being able to be swapped out when better components come on the market.
But I do not have that now. So what I need is something preferably a
turboprop , that will run minimally now and run better when I get new
computer. Also considering as last resort FSD’s Cheyenne 400LS. Now I
like this aircraft especially the fact that it offers real damage
modeling and has component that keeps track of expense on the aircraft
I really like that, but I was looking for something a little bigger in
the turboprop area, and it can not be downloaded so I am hurting there
cause unless they are willing to ship over night express to my hotel I
am out in the cold cause I am on my way overseas for all of next year.
Of course I am looking for something now not 6 weeks from now and that
is what it will take if I have to have them ship it to me overseas so
it is really out of the question. Ok any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ken

_________________________________________________________
Posted via the -Web to Usenet- forums at http://forums.simradar.com
Visit www.simradar.com and try our Flight Simulation Search Engine!

More about : suggestion

April 15, 2005 3:25:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Sounds like you might like the Aeroworx version of Beechcraft Super King Air
200.

http://www.aussim.com.au/reviews/aw_ka200/Aeroworx%20Be...

Performance reportedly decreases as engine hours build. The link above take
you to a good narrative about the product.

Danny


"g48dd" <g48dd@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
news:1113516179.17878@forums.simradar.com...
> Hi everyone, I need some suggestions. My system : lap top, P4 1.3 GHz,
> 64mb Intel Video card, 1 gig ram.
>
> What I like are Aircraft that have realistic start up and procedures
> or semi-realistic will do. What I have: Feel There ERJ145, Flight1
> Meridian, Cessna 172R & Piper 441, Aerowrox B-200.
>
> What I am looking for:
> 1st choice a turboprop commuter aircraft like (PMDG's Beech 1900D
> $14.95 but at this price I am not sure that it is really what I want.
> Its pretty simple according to there web site which means I would
> probably be disappointed.) So I looked at the PMDG's ATR 72-500 Now
> this is more like it But there is a problem. There system req. are
> slightly above what I have: P4 1.6 GHz, 128mb video card ( that's
> really going to hurt me), 512 Ram ( I have 1 gig, it will help but not
> make up for all my shortages.
>
> 2nd choice: PMDG's 737. Looks good again I am short on the video card
> and a tiny bit short on processor they want 1.4 GHz. But they say it
> will run on minimum FS9 requirements which means it will fly on my lap
> top.
>
> I have also looked at Capt Sim 707 but can't find system requirements
> but something tells me I won't come close. Also looked at Eaglesoft
> corporate jets but they seem to require very high end computer. I will
> have a very high end computer in a few months, P4 3.8 GHz, 256mb
> G-Force Video card, 16 Gig Ram, 2-80 Gig hard drives, with everything
> being able to be swapped out when better components come on the market.
> But I do not have that now. So what I need is something preferably a
> turboprop , that will run minimally now and run better when I get new
> computer. Also considering as last resort FSD's Cheyenne 400LS. Now I
> like this aircraft especially the fact that it offers real damage
> modeling and has component that keeps track of expense on the aircraft
> I really like that, but I was looking for something a little bigger in
> the turboprop area, and it can not be downloaded so I am hurting there
> cause unless they are willing to ship over night express to my hotel I
> am out in the cold cause I am on my way overseas for all of next year.
> Of course I am looking for something now not 6 weeks from now and that
> is what it will take if I have to have them ship it to me overseas so
> it is really out of the question. Ok any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken
>
> _________________________________________________________
> Posted via the -Web to Usenet- forums at http://forums.simradar.com
> Visit www.simradar.com and try our Flight Simulation Search Engine!
April 15, 2005 8:41:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

"g48dd" <
> 1st choice a turboprop commuter aircraft like (PMDG’s Beech 1900D
> So I looked at the PMDG’s ATR 72-500 Now
> this is more like it But there is a problem. There system req.

I'm guessing you meant Flight1's ATR?

I do have a suggestion, Phoenix Simulation's DeHavilland Dash-8-300 . I
think this might fit your requirements as it was designed to run on FS2002
and was patched to fly in FS9. The requirements call for a 800 MHZ
Processor.

It's very nicely done, the cockpit systems are all modeled and it sports a
programmable FMC. It's a joy to fly... It's sorta not my style, I'm a GA
pilot, but I like it. Best of all it's only 15 euros.

http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk/default.asp?pss=bro...

Dallas
!