Assigning user level rights

Hello Everybody,

On a PC running Windows XP professional, having multiple user accounts
defined, I want to restrict certain users from using certain Folders.

Is it possible? If yes, how?

Thanks in advance
4 answers Last reply
More about assigning user level rights

    Right click on the folder, click on sharing and security (or
    properties,security), click on security, you will see the user accounts, at
    the bottom under permissions, you can check which permissions you would like
    to grant for that user.

    pcfrisch wrote:

    > click on security,

    Hi pcfrisch,

    Thanks you very much for your reply.

    Actually I had "Use simple sharing [Recommended]" enabled in Control
    Panel > Folder Options. So I was not getting security tab at all.

    I cleared that check-box and now I get it.

    Thanks again,

    regards,

    User wrote:
    > *pcfrisch wrote:
    >
    > > click on security,
    >
    > Hi pcfrisch,
    >
    > Thanks you very much for your reply.
    >
    > Actually I had "Use simple sharing [Recommended]" enabled in Control
    > Panel > Folder Options. So I was not getting security tab at all.
    >
    > I cleared that check-box and now I get it.
    >
    > Thanks again,
    >

    > regards, *

    Hi.

    I have a freeware programme called 1st security centre that makes
    assigning user rights very easy to do. Basically, you can select each
    users rights with different tick boxes in several sections (programme
    access, internet access etc.)
    If you want a copy create an e-mail account just for this & post it
    here, I'll e-mail the programme to you. (DON'T post your usual e-mail
    address or you'll be spammed into oblivion!!!)

    Regards,

    CReWdog

    --
    CReWdog

    > I have a freeware programme called 1st security centre that makes
    > assigning user rights very easy to do. Basically, you can select each
    > users rights with different tick boxes in several sections (programme
    > access, internet access etc.)
    > If you want a copy create an e-mail account just for this & post it
    > here, I'll e-mail the programme to you. (DON'T post your usual e-mail
    > address or you'll be spammed into oblivion!!!)

    Hi,

    Thank you very much for your offer.

    At the moment my work is over so I do not need it at the moment. I'll
    post here again if I have to do this security things again.

    Thanks again.

Microsoft Windows XP