considering upgrade 4000+ San Diego vs 4400+ Dual Core

cisco

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2004
I am considering upgrading to the 4000+ San Diego from the system listed below. I am also considering the 4400+ Dual Core. Would it be bad to stay with a single core? And will I get any considerable difference in performance? I just recently upgraded my ram to 2gigs OCZ so I'm not really interested in waiting for the AM2 version. Which I believe uses ddr2 but I could be wrong. If I'm wrong about AM2 let me know, which I'm sure you will. Any advice would be appreciated.

3500+ winchester
MSI NEO4 Plat SLI
1x BFG 7800GT OC
2x1 gig OCZ Platinum 2.2.3.5. 1T
74 gig Raptor
36 gig Raptor
500w Ultra PSU

sturm

Splendid
What do you mainly use your computer for?
If its games then I would say no.
If you do alot of multitasking and your system bogs down then yes go ahead and upgrade.

cisco

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2004
I mainly game on it. fear, BF2, etc. I also use Photoshop CS2 and do a little video editing. I actually meant to say the 4200+ Dual Core not the 4400+ Dual Core.

sturm

Splendid
I would save your money for now. I doubt you would see enough of a performance jump to justify getting one.
Once the M2 socket cpus come out the price of the older cores should come down quite a bit. By that time hopefully there will be alot more games that will take full advantage of an X2. Thats when I plan to upgrade.