What is the AvantGo software?

September 15, 2004 8:48:00 PM

Since installing ipaq h2200 ActiveSync on my desktop computer
I have an AvantGo icon in the control panel. Any ideas what this
software does?

Tia

More about : avantgo software

Anonymous
September 15, 2004 8:48:01 PM

Avantgo is a web clipping program. You can setup sites that you would like
to keep track of and Avantgo will go out and get the latest information from
those sites when you sync you ppc. The companion program on the desktop is
used for settings and some customized things.

rights...

"avantgo" <x> wrote in message
> Since installing ipaq h2200 ActiveSync on my desktop computer
> I have an AvantGo icon in the control panel. Any ideas what this
> software does?
>
> Tia

Anonymous
September 15, 2004 8:48:02 PM

>> web clipping <<

To expand and clarify a bit, what that means is that you have access to
web content without needing to be connected... a seanrio might be

set up avantgo to access news, sports and wearther web sites
wake up
sync pocketpc
get coffee
board bus
read current (at time of sync) news, etc on the way to work

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
September 17, 2004 9:33:22 PM

AvantGo is great! Definitely set up an account...

kristan

message news:o NaycM0mEHA.1712@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >> web clipping <<
>
> To expand and clarify a bit, what that means is that you have access to
> web content without needing to be connected... a seanrio might be
>
> set up avantgo to access news, sports and wearther web sites
> wake up
> sync pocketpc
> get coffee
> board bus
> read current (at time of sync) news, etc on the way to work

September 18, 2004 2:53:06 AM

"avantgo" <x> wrote in message
> Since installing ipaq h2200 ActiveSync on my desktop computer
> I have an AvantGo icon in the control panel. Any ideas what this
> software does?
>
> Tia

Did you look on the avantgo website? Try adding www. before and .com after
the name- that may possibly tell you what it does.
!