How to replace taskbar icon?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 26, 2004 5:43:07 PM

I have an icon sitting in my task bar - bottom right of screen - when I
double click it a Printer Status Monitor opens.
Can I replace the actual icon graphic in the tray with another icon?
Thanks

More about : replace taskbar icon

Anonymous
November 26, 2004 5:43:08 PM

"John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I have an icon sitting in my task bar - bottom right of screen - when I
> double click it a Printer Status Monitor opens.
> Can I replace the actual icon graphic in the tray with another icon?

Bottom right of screen (left of clock) is the
Sys(tem)Tray, not the TaskBar, controlled
by / start / run / MSCONFIG.EXE / Startup Panel
which indicates TSR items that load on bootup.
Several of these (e.g. speaker volume control)
can be turned on or off elsewhere, e.g. in / Control Panel
modules.

The icon for each app can be altered via its / Properties.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Wht options do you get if you right click the icon?

Regards,
Emrys Davies

"John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have an icon sitting in my task bar - bottom right of screen - when
> double click it a Printer Status Monitor opens.
> Can I replace the actual icon graphic in the tray with another icon?
> Thanks

Anonymous
November 26, 2004 11:54:52 PM

"Don Phillipson" <d.phillipson@ttrryytteell.com> wrote in message
> "John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> I have an icon sitting in my task bar - bottom right of screen - when I
>> double click it a Printer Status Monitor opens.
>> Can I replace the actual icon graphic in the tray with another icon?
>
> Bottom right of screen (left of clock) is the
> Sys(tem)Tray, not the TaskBar, controlled
> by / start / run / MSCONFIG.EXE / Startup Panel
> which indicates TSR items that load on bootup.
> Several of these (e.g. speaker volume control)
> can be turned on or off elsewhere, e.g. in / Control Panel
> modules.
>
> The icon for each app can be altered via its / Properties.
> --
> Don Phillipson
> Carlsbad Springs
> (Ottawa, Canada)