Stupid Newegg

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
dont insult newegg ya i know they do that sometimes when hardware that is still good is being phased out look at the duron last week it was 65 now it's 82

Vile

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004
last year it i could buy corsair ram for 65 with shipping now its 85 oh well that's what you pay for great customer service

Dude, you joined today, and you already have over 100 posts, most are double posts and most don't really say anything important. Also, you really need to use puntuation marks (or watever they are called).

Maxiius

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
Punctuation* 8)

Also I count about 14 total X850 cards on newegg... Feb 3rd 5:09pm cst...
Here's a link 2 7 of them

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Submit=ENE&N=2000380048+70000726&Subcategory=48&description=&srchInDesc=&minPrice=&maxPrice=

lakedude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
last year it i could buy corsair ram for 65 with shipping now its 85 oh well that's what you pay for great customer service
NewEgg's customer service sucks! They have fantastic order filling and shipping but if you have a real problem they are no better than anywhere else. You are gonna eat shipping both ways and it will take a month or two to get a credit on a return. You will also eat 15% restocking. Not exactly what I'd call great CS.

oompa

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2005
Wow, when i looked earlyer i saw they had a couple for $280 and $300. But they have them for $209. Maybe i just messed up but not sure :oops:

raven_87

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Really?

I RMA'd my old fx5200 to them, too a full week and 4 days to get a replacement back. I paid for standard shipping, they put it on overnight at no extra charge =)

Not to mention, if you have a huge order, sometimes they'll upgrade your product for free (considering if they have enough in stock and its not a huge upgrade)

Their customer service has been flawless with me. I get RMA' numbers very quick, no hassle. When I sent my X800 in for RMA, they shipped it back (couldnt replace it due to the pin being damaged during shipping) got it back in 4 days, NO CHARGE.

Look at it like this, you'll be paying more for S&H if you go to a direct vendor for a return.

I"ve not had ONE complaint with newegg since I first started ordering there (2002) So, in 4 years, this company has a %100 feedback from me, which isnt easy to do becuase I have high standards.

oompa

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2005
Im not really mad at NewEgg, but disapointed that i didnt see x850 xt on their web site anymore. but i guess they put them back

lakedude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Really?

I RMA'd my old fx5200 to them, too a full week and 4 days to get a replacement back. I paid for standard shipping, they put it on overnight at no extra charge =)

Not to mention, if you have a huge order, sometimes they'll upgrade your product for free (considering if they have enough in stock and its not a huge upgrade)

Their customer service has been flawless with me. I get RMA' numbers very quick, no hassle. When I sent my X800 in for RMA, they shipped it back (couldnt replace it due to the pin being damaged during shipping) got it back in 4 days, NO CHARGE.

Look at it like this, you'll be paying more for S&H if you go to a direct vendor for a return.

I"ve not had ONE complaint with newegg since I first started ordering there (2002) So, in 4 years, this company has a %100 feedback from me, which isnt easy to do becuase I have high standards.
You are talking about an exchange, I was talking about a return. I've done both. An exchange is not too bad except you pay to get the product shipped in the first place and then you pay again to ship it back.

A return is worse. You pay to have it shipped in the first place, you pay to ship it back and then you eat 15% restock plus it takes a while to get your credit.

Compare this to Wal-Mart. You buy it, you don't like it so you return it for full credit with no waiting and no restocking.

I still shop at NewEgg but I'm more careful now. The one time I returned something was my fault for ordering the wrong thing. If I'd picked it up at WalMart I'd be out nothing. Instead, on a $30 item, I'm out $5 for original shipping, $6 to send it back and $4.50 restocking leaving $14.50 or less than half what the item is worth.

raven_87

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Considering how much Walmart overcharges for their GPU's to begin with, trust me, you'd be saving money returning through newegg.

Good example: I picked up a temporary solution from Wal-Mart, a Radeon 9550 when I had NO other alternative. Of course, realizing that I would be getting my GPU back quickly, I basically borrowed the 95 from them until the 40day hardware return dead-line was over.

Just to let you know, the 9550 cost me $136 at walmart.
Go to newegg, then tell me how much its costs....probably somewhere around half that, then $4 for shipping. I'll take newegg any day of the week.

This is the card, now this is newegg's price, then include $2 for shipping.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814121511

Now compare that, to the $136+tax I payed...

raven_87

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
I realize that, however I was unable to wait the 3 days to recieve my card from newegg, otherwise I'd NEVER touch a retail store. **BestBuy, I'm looking at you**

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
hell yeah bestbuy tried to charge me 275 for a 6800 nearly 300 with tax got it at the local computer store next to my house for 220 with tax same exact card( e-tech it's called thx eric you kick ass)

raven_87

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Not to be an ass, but I just realize, I've been here for a couple months...you've been here under 24 hours, and you have a higher post count than me. .........wow

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I've never had an issue with newegg, if they threaten a restock fee, just email them and tell them how much business you've done with them and they take it off. Always takes about a week after I get the rma to send it and get a credit. Never had them deny anything. And the $3 it costs to send a board or drive in isn't exactly going to hurt your pocket book with what you save to begin with.

Just my 2 cents.

Vile

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004
Not to be an ass, but I just realize, I've been here for a couple months...you've been here under 24 hours, and you have a higher post count than me. .........wow

Exactly what I meant to say lol.

pauldh

Illustrious
To quote Frank Barone "Holy Crap". (Just spent 15 minutes searching for a sound clip, but couldn't find one.) :(

260 posts in the first day must be a record. He could pass Crashman by the end of the month. :p