Analog Video Camera PC Capture - help

novak

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004
If anyone has analog video camera and knows how and does capture the video onto their PC would they please pm, IM or post back please, A. I can't get my damn audio to record and B. I have a Dazzle and it doesn't work.

crizazykid2

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
just try using windows movie maker, and hook up with rca yellow, white, and red cables...if you have nowhere to hook it up, buy a converter from rca to usb, they are about 50 bucks.

novak

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004
well see the problem, I am using a partial hookup like you say even though I don't see a hookup for the sound but the thing is when I use windows movie maker it wants to use my microphone to capture the audio. I am hookedup with S Video so I used the other slot for the sound but it still picked up through my soundcard so I need to buy like an adapter to plug from my camera into the sound card it's self.

novak

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004
I would tend to think not, I bought it say 2 or 3 years ago and it is analog but who knows maybe you can still buy it.

crizazykid2

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
S-Video • Composite (Video) • Audio (RCA) this what i found that it had, hav eyou looked all over to fing connections on it? they ar esometimes hard to find...

novak

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004
yeah, I have every connection hookedup. the thing is I can't get the audio to capture over. I think it's because I need to hookup through my sound card

novak

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004
I have 1 Nvidia 7800GT, 1 Xfi Surround Sound card. I have my surround sound and micrphone hookedup to the xfi sound card and I have this adapter with plugs hookedup to my video card. Through my video camera to the adpater plugs on my video card, I have S Video hookedup, A/V video hookedup, not the sound cable. I tried hooking the audio cable up instead of the video but the problem is that windows movie maker wants to use my micrphone to record the sound so I need to hookup my A/V out from my camera into my micrphone port or something. The video adpater is not the red, white, yellow hookup, it has one "in" and the rest are all "out" connectors

pat

Expert
I have 1 Nvidia 7800GT, 1 Xfi Surround Sound card. I have my surround sound and micrphone hookedup to the xfi sound card and I have this adapter with plugs hookedup to my video card. Through my video camera to the adpater plugs on my video card, I have S Video hookedup, A/V video hookedup, not the sound cable. I tried hooking the audio cable up instead of the video but the problem is that windows movie maker wants to use my micrphone to record the sound so I need to hookup my A/V out from my camera into my micrphone port or something. The video adpater is not the red, white, yellow hookup, it has one "in" and the rest are all "out" connectors

Sound has to be inputted with either the microphone or line in jack one the sound card. There is no other way to do it, unless your capture card has sound input. Sound cannot be inputted by the video input line.

novak

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004
well I do have a Dazzle but I dont know how to use it :( It wont capture, it wants to use my universal Nvidia drivers