My 42" Zenith plasma tv went black.. Is it burn in?

I decided to turn off the plasma tv over night thinking i was doing a good deed next morning trying to turn it on the screen was all black and grey sort of like a broken atm screen.... Its kind of like a ghosty black and grey picture that you cant really make out... Im not sure if this is burn in ( burn in gradually happens in time ) I have had this plasma for a year.. just curious if anyone els has had this problem?
9 answers Last reply
More about quot zenith plasma black burn
  1. oh yeah it's burned out when did you get it?
  2. about a year ago.. but it just totaly went black.. Thought burn in gradually takes over in time... this tv was working fine untill i turned it off for about 7 hours then turned it back on... strange!
  3. ok you see zenith buy's there plasma from some taiwanese company and anything from asia other than japan no offense but it sucks
  4. As far as I know Zenith is owned by LG so quality shouldn't be a problem. Is it possible your lamp cartridge burned out?
  5. hey spyman you have a good point either the plasma panel is crap or the light burned out
  6. plasma tv's don't use a lamp do they? the pixels light themselves in plasma, lcd's use a lamp
  7. sorry i forgot i hate plasmas they are too expensive and they dont give you good brightness to power consumption ratio like lcd's
  8. Yeah, I personally dont see a reason to buy anything other than CRT's. They still have the best brightness, resolution, reaction time, and price.
  9. Quote:
    Yeah, I personally dont see a reason to buy anything other than CRT's. They still have the best brightness, resolution, reaction time, and price.

I can't fit 2 19" crts on my desk =/
Ask a new question

Read More

TV Burner Components Product