Sign in with
Your question

My 42" Zenith plasma tv went black.. Is it burn in?

Last response: in Components
February 4, 2006 12:45:10 AM

I decided to turn off the plasma tv over night thinking i was doing a good deed next morning trying to turn it on the screen was all black and grey sort of like a broken atm screen.... Its kind of like a ghosty black and grey picture that you cant really make out... Im not sure if this is burn in ( burn in gradually happens in time ) I have had this plasma for a year.. just curious if anyone els has had this problem?
February 4, 2006 1:03:26 AM

oh yeah it's burned out when did you get it?
February 4, 2006 1:05:45 AM

about a year ago.. but it just totaly went black.. Thought burn in gradually takes over in time... this tv was working fine untill i turned it off for about 7 hours then turned it back on... strange!
Related resources
February 4, 2006 1:15:17 AM

ok you see zenith buy's there plasma from some taiwanese company and anything from asia other than japan no offense but it sucks
February 4, 2006 1:30:54 AM

As far as I know Zenith is owned by LG so quality shouldn't be a problem. Is it possible your lamp cartridge burned out?
February 4, 2006 2:10:36 AM

hey spyman you have a good point either the plasma panel is crap or the light burned out
February 4, 2006 2:30:51 AM

plasma tv's don't use a lamp do they? the pixels light themselves in plasma, lcd's use a lamp
February 4, 2006 2:45:22 AM

sorry i forgot i hate plasmas they are too expensive and they dont give you good brightness to power consumption ratio like lcd's
February 8, 2006 9:12:44 PM

Yeah, I personally dont see a reason to buy anything other than CRT's. They still have the best brightness, resolution, reaction time, and price.
February 10, 2006 10:00:21 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I personally dont see a reason to buy anything other than CRT's. They still have the best brightness, resolution, reaction time, and price.

I can't fit 2 19" crts on my desk =/
!