AI Traffic

I have ProjectAI commercial airline traffic installed which, I may
have mentioned before, I find impressive. However, I am only operating
the one traffic file and do miss the presence of light GA aircraft at
the smaller airfields which airlines do not visit. Reading the other
day that FS9 supports multiple traffic files I thought I had found a
solution. Using TTools I edited the Aircraft.txt file to remove all
but selected GA aircraft, decompiled and recompiled only to find that
the aircraft.txt file had been re-built as the original. As I don't
want to see the MS fictional airlines does anyone have a work-around
for this? TIA :0))

Iain
4 answers Last reply
More about traffic

    1. If you haven't done so already, download and install the pack of
    official AFCADs from PAI. This will give better results for the
    following.

    2. Download, install, and run Markus Brunner's GA Traffic program
    (ga-traffic_setup.zip at AVSIM). This will populate the flightsim
    universe with lots of GA traffic.

    3. In your Flight Simulator 9 folder, navigate to the following:
    Scenery\World\scenery. Look for the file traffic030528.bgl. Rename it
    something else, e.g., traffic030528.bak.

    That should do it. You will now have more and better GA traffic, with
    none of the fictional airlines.

    Iain wrote:

    >-SNIP-
    > Using TTools I edited the Aircraft.txt file to remove all
    > but selected GA aircraft, decompiled and recompiled only to find that
    > the aircraft.txt file had been re-built as the original.

    You edited then DE-compiled? That overwrites the aircraft,airport and
    flightplan.txt files with the decompiled contents of the .bgl you
    decompiled!

    What you need to do is edit the necessary files and then COMPILE
    those. Or you might first rename the edited files and compile
    them to create a bgl with the new name so you can test your mods
    without overwriting the original, should you want to revert.

    Paul

    David Wilson-Okamura <David Wilson-Okamura@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message news:<1113599863.21191@forums.simradar.com>...
    > 1. If you haven't done so already, download and install the pack of
    > official AFCADs from PAI. This will give better results for the
    > following.
    >
    > 2. Download, install, and run Markus Brunner's GA Traffic program
    > (ga-traffic_setup.zip at AVSIM). This will populate the flightsim
    > universe with lots of GA traffic.
    >
    > 3. In your Flight Simulator 9 folder, navigate to the following:
    > Scenery\World\scenery. Look for the file traffic030528.bgl. Rename it
    > something else, e.g., traffic030528.bak.
    >
    > That should do it. You will now have more and better GA traffic, with
    > none of the fictional airlines.

    Thanks David, I'll certainly try that! :0))

    Iain

    Hi,

    A simple way is to download one of the AI Split files (which splits the
    default AI traffic into GA and Commercial halves). Then compile (or
    load) only the GA portion.

    Hope this helps,

    Iain wrote:
    > I have ProjectAI commercial airline traffic installed which, I may
    > have mentioned before, I find impressive. However, I am only operating
    > the one traffic file and do miss the presence of light GA aircraft at
    > the smaller airfields which airlines do not visit. Reading the other
    > day that FS9 supports multiple traffic files I thought I had found a
    > solution. Using TTools I edited the Aircraft.txt file to remove all
    > but selected GA aircraft, decompiled and recompiled only to find that
    > the aircraft.txt file had been re-built as the original. As I don't
    > want to see the MS fictional airlines does anyone have a work-around
    > for this? TIA :0))
    >
    > Iain

Games Microsoft Video Games