Best 2x1gig kit @ 1T command rate?

What 1 gig moduels will overclock realy good while running at 1t command rate..

I am puting together a Opteron 165, DFI SLI-DR system for a friend and he wants me to OC it for him... Wants it to be pushed as far as possible with every ounce of performance coming out of it...
10 answers Last reply
More about best 2x1gig command rate
  1. Thanks... Is there anything more overclockable? If not the OCZ looks pretty schweet! 8)
  2. I've been using Corsairs and they are pretty overclockable. Like the other guy said XMS series are the best.
  3. I think both are very good RAM sticks. It's just a matter of brand preference. I'd go for the OCZ RAM, tho.
  4. what to avoid... i went all the way around the world to get hold of this ram and got verry dissapointed. and yes i read the reviews and comments on newegg.com but i guess the guy posted the comment is on cracked. :x

Corsair TWINX2048-4000PT 2GB Kit DDR500 XMS4000
    timings:
    * 200MHz 2.5-3-3-7 1T 2.8v
    * 240MHz 2.5-3-3-7 1T 2.8v
    * 245MHz 2.5-4-3-7 1T 2.8v
    * 270MHz 3.0-4-3-8 1T 2.8v
    * 280Mhz 3.0-4-4-8 1T 2.8v

ok here goes the problem.. " yes it does reach 270~280mhz @ 3-4-4-8 1T/2T" The problem is when you reach 210fsb you get all the f*c*ing st*p*d errors from memtest and prime95.. i bought this ram expecting it to reach atleast the said 250fsb DDR500 and yes it reach that speed though, BUT with all the stup*d errors when u hit 210fsb. but with 200fsb its fine. so my lesson here is if only i knew i would get the DDR400 with tight timings like 2-3-2-5 or 2-3-3-6.. coz with the corsair DDR500 i didnt get the performance i paid for. :cry: and now im back home and no corsair dealers/manufacturers on our country.. :cry:
  5. Get some Mushkin or G.Skill
  6. yes, i was thinking on getting the mushkin redline this march though.. how does mushkin performs on most mobo anyways? does it have any compatibility issue?
  7. Indeed... I guess its going to be a price/performance thing...
  8. you cannot use mushkin ram on a slidr board it will not work.

look at these rams

ocz 1gb stick w/ 2-3-3-6
    512 stick w/ 2-2-2-5 or 2-3-3-6
    becareful on the voltage the board tops out at 3.2 voltson the biosw/ actual @ 3.3 total volts.

the gtx series ram requires at least 3.1 volts actual 3.19 volts to work stable so this only gives you .1 of a volt to oc with. if using the 2-2-2-5 timings.
  9. Quote:
    you cannot use mushkin ram on a slidr board it will not work.

Where did you hear that? Ive been doing a lot of research on DFI boards because that is my next upgrade path, and ive read on DFI-street that people have had pretty good success with the higher end Mushkin ram in slidr expert, ultra-d, etc.

Check out this Forum. Its the best place to find out anything about your DFI board.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Overclocking Command Prompt Product