thanks in advance

Gary
--
vist our website at www.justjents.co.uk

"geepeetee" <gary_teale@bluecarrots.com> wrote in message
news:30pglhF33gdohU1@uni-berlin.de...
> Hi
>
> Yes i know its a blast from the past but my son has just bought it to use
> while at uni.
>
> He is using his laptop with Windows XP. The OS did not detect and install
> the printer and kept giving error messages when trying to print. He went
> through the usual driver, uninstall and reinstall routines but to no
avail.

We need to know whether XP lists the
Epson 400 as supported.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

geepeetee wrote:
> Hi
>
> Yes i know its a blast from the past but my son has just bought it to use
> while at uni.
>
> He is using his laptop with Windows XP. The OS did not detect and install
> the printer and kept giving error messages when trying to print. He went
> through the usual driver, uninstall and reinstall routines but to no avail.
>
> Somewhere along the line something got confused and now the printer wont do
> anything and is flashing the lights on the control panel. The handbook says
> contact your dealer if this happens but of course with an old model printer
> that's not an option.
>
> Can anyone advise a course of action (not chuck it in a skip, that has
> crossed my mind) is it possible some irreversible damage has been done or
> can it be reset.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Gary
Maybe the printer is signaling that the ink sponge is full. If so, you
will need to reset it. One easy way is to use this free utility-
http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

Exactly which lights are on and what are they doing?

Do they stay on when the printer is unplugged from the computer and
restarted?

Can you print a test page from the printer when it is not connected to
the computer?

Art

geepeetee wrote:

> Hi
>
> Yes i know its a blast from the past but my son has just bought it to use
> while at uni.
>
> He is using his laptop with Windows XP. The OS did not detect and install
> the printer and kept giving error messages when trying to print. He went
> through the usual driver, uninstall and reinstall routines but to no avail.
>
> Somewhere along the line something got confused and now the printer wont do
> anything and is flashing the lights on the control panel. The handbook says
> contact your dealer if this happens but of course with an old model printer
> that's not an option.
>
> Can anyone advise a course of action (not chuck it in a skip, that has
> crossed my mind) is it possible some irreversible damage has been done or
> can it be reset.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Gary

Hi

Although i havent seen it (my son is at uni) the lights are flashing, they
stay on whatever we do and it wont print a test page. The printer behaves
the same unplugged from the pc.

thanks

Gary