how to create a vpn

hello all,

my situtation:

location A:
1 network with 8 windows XP (some HOME edition and some PROF) computers,
with a ADSL connection with internet (a ethernet modem/router.

Location B:
1 computer with Windows XP (HOME) and also a ADSL connnection with internet.
(USB modem)

what kind of software & hardware do I need to set up an secure vpn between
the two mentiod locations? Or can I actually start with this configuration?

thank you for some helpfull tips,

Marcel

"M@rcel" <marcellagendijk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<4108a8a2$0$169$3a628fcd@reader2.nntp.hccnet.nl>...
> hello all,
>
> my situtation:
>
> location A:
> 1 network with 8 windows XP (some HOME edition and some PROF) computers,
> with a ADSL connection with internet (a ethernet modem/router.
>
> Location B:
> 1 computer with Windows XP (HOME) and also a ADSL connnection with internet.
> (USB modem)

If you have control of "location A" you might consider
getting another router that has VPN capabilities, specifically
the ability to be a PPTP server. You can then use Windows XP's
built-in PPTP client to connect to Location A's router; then
you'll be participating in Location A's network and will have
access to network resources including servers & printers.
Browsing may or may not work depending on the router's
capabilities. Static IP at Location A is desirable but not
completely necessary.

TRENDING THREADS