what the hell is that? (labelled FS2006 video)

I've seen this before and remembered it being a pro simulator company.. just do a Google search for the 'cae' that appears
throughout the video and I think the first hit will take you to the relevant site here:
http://www.cae.com/www2004/index.shtml

It's not beyond belief however that the next generation of 64bit PC's and graphics cards would struggle to achieve similar results
when you consider how few years ago we were just seeing untextured polygons in flight simulators.

"Cole Turner" <remove.cole.turner@liwest.at.spambotprotection> wrote in message news:etk161l4i27t5r611oafe18kvkdo1qjoln@4ax.com...
> http://popup8.tok2.com/home2/space/page015.html
>
> ???? is that for real ?????
> --
> "This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
> (James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)

Copies of that video have been around for several weeks. There is a
strong suspicion that it's part of a promo for the A380 simulator contract
and has nothing to do with FS2006. Personally, I don't know why CAE would be
involved with FS but who knows for sure. Time will tell...

"Cole Turner" <remove.cole.turner@liwest.at.spambotprotection> wrote in
message news:etk161l4i27t5r611oafe18kvkdo1qjoln@4ax.com...
> http://popup8.tok2.com/home2/space/page015.html
>
> ???? is that for real ?????
> --
> "This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
> (James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)

dallas

Here is the source:

http://www.cae.com/www2004/Products_and_Services/Civil_Simulation_and_Training/Simulation_Equipment/Visual_Solutions/Image_Generators/tropos_HL.shtml#

It would appear they are trying to promote the Tropos technology.

Dallas

David

I recall this is a commercial and expensive training simulator and not
FS2006, pity hey. I wonder what computer system they run it on

David

"Cole Turner" <remove.cole.turner@liwest.at.spambotprotection> wrote in
message news:etk161l4i27t5r611oafe18kvkdo1qjoln@4ax.com...
> http://popup8.tok2.com/home2/space/page015.html
>
> ???? is that for real ?????
> --
> "This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
> (James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)

.... there came a great "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com>
flying, and he bore tidings beyond hope, crying:

>Here is the source:
>
>http://www.cae.com/www2004/Products_and_Services/Civil_Simulation_and_Training/Simulation_Equipment/Visual_Solutions/Image_Generators/tropos_HL.shtml#
>

>It would appear they are trying to promote the Tropos technology.
>

>Dallas

but this is not the same video, is it?
--
"This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
(James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)

dallas

"Cole Turner"
> but this is not the same video, is it?

I don't know..... I can't get QuickTime to work on an Internet feed.

But... it is what the "FS2006" intro was flashing.

Dallas