Deleted emails - not deleting from server...

September 15, 2004 10:09:07 PM

I have a sbc/yahoo account setup specifically for my ppc. I forward items to
this account and it syncs no problem.
The issue I'm having is I'll delete emails on my PPC, but next time I check
my emails, I'll recieve them again, and again, and again, until eventually
(days later?) it clears and doesn't send them again...
Any suggestions?
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 5:43:09 AM

Your PPC doesnt delete emails from the server. Safety net. If you have
your desktop email client set to "leave a copy on server" then it will do
just as it says. By default most aren't set this way by default. If its
set to default then occasionally check your email with that particular
client and it will in effect be removed from the server and you wont receive
it again on your PPC.

Mitch

"pkley" <pkley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a sbc/yahoo account setup specifically for my ppc. I forward items
> this account and it syncs no problem.
> The issue I'm having is I'll delete emails on my PPC, but next time I
> check
> my emails, I'll recieve them again, and again, and again, until eventually
> (days later?) it clears and doesn't send them again...
> Any suggestions?
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 5:43:10 AM

Also, if you delete the email on your PPC, it sends it to the deleted
folder. if you then delete it from there or use the Tools option "Empty
Deleted Items" it should then remove the e-mails from the server the next
time you connect.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"Mitch_A" <naman-nospam@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Your PPC doesnt delete emails from the server. Safety net. If you have
> your desktop email client set to "leave a copy on server" then it will do
> just as it says. By default most aren't set this way by default. If its
> set to default then occasionally check your email with that particular
> client and it will in effect be removed from the server and you wont
receive
> it again on your PPC.
>
> Mitch
>

> "pkley" <pkley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a sbc/yahoo account setup specifically for my ppc. I forward items
> > this account and it syncs no problem.
> > The issue I'm having is I'll delete emails on my PPC, but next time I
> > check
> > my emails, I'll recieve them again, and again, and again, until
eventually
> > (days later?) it clears and doesn't send them again...
> > Any suggestions?

September 17, 2004 7:04:35 PM

So my Outlook express has a cool feature, it lets
me "leave mail on the server" but it also lets me "delete
mail from the server when deleted mails folder is
emptied". How can I achieve this from my pocket PC?

Anonymous
September 17, 2004 7:04:37 PM

So my Outlook express has a cool feature, it lets
me "leave mail on the server" but it also lets me "delete
mail from the server when deleted mails folder is
emptied". How can I achieve this from my pocket PC?

Anonymous
September 18, 2004 2:00:00 AM

That's how the PPC Inbox works by default with a Pop3 account. It leaves a
copy on the server and you can't change that. But deleting and then emptying
the deleted folder will delete from the server at next connect.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices

!