Dell Inspiron 1420 trouble

BlackPstone

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
I have been asked to repair a dell inspiron 1420 laptop for my child. the problem is the laptop has no operting sytem or driver load at all. can any help with this I need to load my Windows 7 operating system and that appears to be working fine but i am not stuck at no device drivers were found. so i tried to used my pc to download some drivers but i am not sure of the order and i dont know how to download the drivers on my pc and apply them to my laptop since laptop has no OS

ulysses35

Distinguished
Install Windows 7 as normal and use the legacy drivers provided by the Windows 7 install disc. Once you are up and running you will be able to find which drivers are missing and if the laptop is connected to the internet Windows can do the rest using update driver option.

the Dell website (no easy to navigate sometimes) will have the drivers to download anyway

BlackPstone

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009

ok here my problem i have a iso image for my windows 7 thst i got from school msdn. i put the disc in and it loads up windows 7 and and starts installing and stops and demands drivers and i cant downloa them from the website from my other computer and usre them on my laptop so i am stuck there. is my iso bad? it is located on a bootable usb