non MS flight sims, IL2 Forgotten Battles

Saludos Todos!

I realize that the IL2 series of flight sims aren't MS oriented, but they're
stilll cool. I haven't found a newsgroup for 'm.

Would it be totally out of context to ask for information via this NG, if
anyone is flying 'm? I'm new to it, and it's more challenging in some
respects then FS and CFS.

Cordially,
EssayT.
6 answers Last reply
More about flight sims forgotten battles

    Essay,
    You might have better luck at: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim. They
    deal more with combat flight sims, and have a lot of people discussing IL2.

    Randy L.

    "S A" <skyfall86@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Saludos Todos!
    >
    > I realize that the IL2 series of flight sims aren't MS oriented, but
    > they're stilll cool. I haven't found a newsgroup for 'm.
    >
    > Would it be totally out of context to ask for information via this NG, if
    > anyone is flying 'm? I'm new to it, and it's more challenging in some
    > respects then FS and CFS.
    >
    > Cordially,
    > EssayT.

    There's some cross-over. But you might find more specialized help at
    the following forums:

    http://www.cfcforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=8

    http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=23110283

    When we aren't arguing politics..<grin>

    "RandyL" <rlink"nospam"@cableone.net> wrote in message
    > Essay,
    > You might have better luck at: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim. They
    > deal more with combat flight sims, and have a lot of people discussing
    > IL2.
    >
    > Randy L.
    >
    > "S A" <skyfall86@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Saludos Todos!
    >>
    >> I realize that the IL2 series of flight sims aren't MS oriented, but
    >> they're stilll cool. I haven't found a newsgroup for 'm.
    >>
    >> Would it be totally out of context to ask for information via this NG, if
    >> anyone is flying 'm? I'm new to it, and it's more challenging in some
    >> respects then FS and CFS.
    >>
    >> Cordially,
    >> EssayT.

    SimHQ has a very active IL2 forum.

    http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=127&DaysPrune=10&submit=Go

    "S A" <skyfall86@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Saludos Todos!
    >
    > I realize that the IL2 series of flight sims aren't MS oriented, but
    they're
    > stilll cool. I haven't found a newsgroup for 'm.
    >
    > Would it be totally out of context to ask for information via this NG, if
    > anyone is flying 'm? I'm new to it, and it's more challenging in some
    > respects then FS and CFS.
    >
    > Cordially,
    > EssayT.

    >>>Would it be totally out of context to ask for information via this NG, if
    >>>anyone is flying 'm? I'm new to it, and it's more challenging in some
    >>>respects then FS and CFS.
    >>>
    >>>Cordially,
    >>> EssayT.

    No one would say much against it but I just went to the forums listed
    earlier and reading through just some of the posts and the FAQ, I don't
    think you'll get the best advice here. I mean the were going into detail
    as to why it's better add prop pitch coming over the top because the
    drag coefficient and how to operate the flaps to slide in behind a 109
    and yada yada........

    It makes me want to dust off my old IL-2 disks but hey, I can't even
    install a utility like SB3 so that it works. How in the hell I'd get
    through all that, I don't know.

    --

    boB

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    "S A" wrote:

    > [..]
    > Would it be totally out of context to ask for information via this NG, if
    > anyone is flying 'm?
    > [..]

    I have one answer related to IL2 for you. If your hard-disk space is
    running low, and you're not able to add more fs2004 add-ons, just
    delete the folder "IL2-Sturmovik" and you have one gig of free
    memory available again.

    Sorry, since some qualified answers are already given, i thought it's time
    to fooling around a bit. ;-)

    Jan

Sims Microsoft Video Games