Geforce FX 5900 XT?

compatoll

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
Hi. Strange thing happened to my machine: Left for dinner and the computer was running in powersafemode as it use to do when im not present. When i returned it wouldnt wake up so i tried to reboot but then it wouldnt boot up at ALL!!!(?) Checked the Graphic-card and noticed that the fan wasn't running(??) Cleared CMOS and made another attempt which also failed. Changed Graphic-card, - no improvement, even tried with a PCI-Graph.card. another Failure. I don't get it, what happened?? The CPU-Fan is running, and the PSU is working. What's going on?:(( Got a Geforce FX 5900 XT grap.card/ASUS MB-Intel 875p chipset-800FSB-dual DDR400/1Ghz RAM/U-ATA 150/ winXP pro. Help!!

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
maybe it had a power surge? really odd :p does it post? maybe the hd failed... thats probably my first and only guess.. id like to see what the answer is tho

falsterbo

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
If you don´t get any picture from any of the graphic-cards, then they are not faulty... Have you checked that ram, pci/agp-cards are attached as they should be?

Remove the ram-memory and boot your computer, if it beeps (if you have a pc-speaker), then the motherboard/bios is working...

Check so that the power supply is working, because if the fan to the graphiccard ain´t working, then maybe your power supply has something wrong inside. If the computer doesn´t get all the power it needs, then it won´t boot. Also check all power-cables, specially the ATX P4 connector (4-pins, connected around the cpu and the motherboard-cable.

If nothing of this works, then unplug everything, and start the computer. It shall then biip. Plug in the cpu and ram-memory, if it starts now there something wrong with the other stuff that you have unplugged...

compatoll

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
Well:=) A HD has nothing to do with the computer performing a POST. The HD is for booting to the OS only. Thanks anyway!

compatoll

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
OK, here's what i did: Started with unplugging the RAM but didn't get a Beep though my speaker is connected properly(?!) So a MB failure seem to be obvious . BUT, then i removed All PCI-cards and returned the RAM and it booted into BIOS, good so far, then it hanged again, rebooted a third time, now it started to complaining about some sort of Biosfailure and prompted for a recovery-floppy (which i dont have) And now it don't boot up at all..LOL:=)
..New MB or..? It ****s... :evil: