Sign in with
Your question

DELL motherboard...need pinout info f/USB

Last response: in Motherboards
February 4, 2006 10:33:18 PM

I have a DELL 4600 that I took the 0N2828 motherboard, drives, etc. and put them in a Thermaltake case. The case has a Media LAB and front panel USB and audio ports that connect to the DELL mobo. The connetors are different on the case wiring and do not fit the mobo connectors J9G1, J9C2 (http://tinyurl.com/c4zst).

DELL has been no help with the pinouts. I was on live chat for 50 minutes trying to get the info.

Does anyone know how to determine the pinouts on the connectors, especially the USB (DATA1, DATA2, GND, PWR)?

Thnx
February 5, 2006 9:54:58 PM

That machine of yours has an Intel board part #0N2828 with the Intel 915x northbridge chipset. I have a schematic for that board at my work and won't have access to it until tomorrow. See if you can google it and look around for a USB Header pinout schematic diagram. Otherwise, I'll post the schematic for you tomorrow when I can get it.
February 5, 2006 10:03:59 PM

Thanks Luminaris. I've googled it already and found out it can still be purchased at Barebonekit.net but I was not able to find out anything else worthwhile.

I'll look for your schematic tomorrow.

Thanks.
Related resources
February 7, 2006 1:46:53 AM

Sorry I took so long. Here's the pinouts you need for that USB header. Good luck with it.

J9C2 Pinouts
February 7, 2006 10:32:43 AM

GREAT! Thanks Luminaris. That's the front panel audio connector. Do you have anything that shows J9G1, the front panel I/O connector with the USB ports?
February 7, 2006 3:01:49 PM

That looks like the info I need for J9G1. The other one you sent for J9C2 looks like a 28-pin connector and the DELL J9C2 is a 10-pin, straight inline connector. Table 9, the info you sent earlier, talks about a PCI Express connector. I don't think that info is for the J9C2 on the DELL board.

Thanks for your efforts...you've been a great help!
February 7, 2006 3:32:31 PM

Any way you can post a pic of that connector so I can reference it? I'll try to see if I can find something here. Helps knowing its a 10 pin inline connector. I guess that MB is different altogether. I'll keep probing for it ...
February 7, 2006 3:45:48 PM

I can photo it tonight. What's the best way to get them to you?
February 1, 2007 10:30:04 AM

This photo was uploaded by Luminaris back in '06 at my request. You could try to contact him. I was gone for a week but I'll try again to locate the photo of the j9c2 pinouts now that I have more time.
February 17, 2009 12:18:19 AM

Hello there....

I could really use that JC92 pinout diagram too. I need to "convert" the front panel audio of my new Asus mobo in a Dell Dimension 4600 case.

Thanks in advance!
B
March 14, 2010 1:39:38 AM

rbeckert said:
This photo was uploaded by Luminaris back in '06 at my request. You could try to contact him. I was gone for a week but I'll try again to locate the photo of the j9c2 pinouts now that I have more time.

Did anyone ever find the J9C2 pinouts diagram? I could really use them for a project I'm working on.
Thanks in advance.
!