Your question

fan on video card

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Fan
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 5, 2006 3:26:08 AM

im running my videocard fan at 75% speed, im keeping it at that for now because it is pretty quiet, and cools almost as well as 100%, atitoolz kept it at 46% though... im just wondering if running my fan at 100% or close to it will severly reduce the life of it? is so how long would it last at 100% speed, and also is there a program i can use to set my cpu fan speed? it doesnt let me set it anywhere ive looked..

More about : fan video card

February 5, 2006 4:57:09 AM

To control your fan: Go into ATItool and hit the settings button at the bottom. Then use the pull-down menu to select Fan Control. Check the overide fan speeds button and have at it.
Keeping your fan spinning slower might increase the life of your fan, as it will decrease the heat up in the bearings, but it may decrease the life of your vid card if the core gets too hot. Take a look and good luck!
February 5, 2006 5:00:06 AM

yea ive done that, the core idles at 38C so theres no problem, durng gaming it gets up to high 40's and im still not upset about that since video cards tend to handle heat better than processors... but the fans at 75% right now so i guess thats the perfect speed since at 100% it only helps out by 1 or 2 C
Related resources
February 5, 2006 11:34:25 AM

Oh yeah. Those are some low temps. :) 
What kind of card is it?
February 5, 2006 3:10:50 PM

x700pro oc'd 50/100 434/526
!