Sign in with
Your question

AMD is just BAD!

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
February 5, 2006 5:01:37 AM

BAD as in GOOD. Ive been MIA from here for some time so I thought that I would let you all know that I am now AMD 100%. :D 

More about : amd bad

a b à CPUs
February 5, 2006 5:20:18 AM

Man, how many Intel vs AMD topics must we have on this forum? ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!
February 5, 2006 5:39:42 AM

Can we have enough of these troll posts?
Related resources
a b à CPUs
February 5, 2006 6:24:55 AM

geez what a welcoming party!
February 5, 2006 11:32:33 AM

Argh, n00bs thinking they know the forum through 'n' through :x

Wassup Mozz, you gave up on the Intel overclocking then. What you running now then?
February 5, 2006 1:31:41 PM

8O 8O 8O But,,, but... but...
February 5, 2006 4:05:33 PM

Quote:
BAD as in GOOD. Ive been MIA from here for some time so I thought that I would let you all know that I am now AMD 100%. :D 

Arggh.. You were my Intel expert for recommendation!! Man, don't let us down like this!
February 5, 2006 5:08:39 PM

man, Intel overclocks like crazy... just wait until Conroe comes out before you just give up on it :roll: Another idiot AMD fanboy :roll: sure, AMD's are good processors... I like Intel better :) 
February 5, 2006 5:12:24 PM

Quote:
man, Intel overclocks like crazy... just wait until Conroe comes out before you just give up on it :roll: Another idiot AMD fanboy :roll: sure, AMD's are good processors... I like Intel better :) 

Calling mozz of idiot fanboy is a bad.. so bad.. You lost my respect sir..
February 5, 2006 5:14:17 PM

so little they know...so quick to assume...
February 5, 2006 5:20:09 PM

Quote:

I know man, because GHz is everything, my stupid slow 2.2GHz Athlon 64 3700+ beats a 3.6GHz P4 in all tests I ran, must be a flook!!

pff...

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
February 5, 2006 5:31:49 PM

Quote:
so little they know...so quick to assume...

Yup.. agree 100% with you.
February 5, 2006 5:36:12 PM

sorry guys, put it this way... I dislike fanboys a lot. The recent 12 page AMD fanboy thread is really disgusting, and throws dirt on all AMD fans. I have friends who are AMD fans, 100%, but don't throw dirt on Intel, and they are nice ppl. Just cuz this guy likes AMD I have no problem. If he's a gamer, he'll find AMD to be the processor he wants. Good for him. And I"m sorry to insult him for that. AMD is good for everything else to. I wish him luck, and I wish that he wasn't 100% AMD, which usually means they think that Intel is crap, which it isn't, but it's just to bad, he can go AMD if he likes, it isn't gonna hurt him, lol.
February 5, 2006 5:40:58 PM

I suggest you search some post from him.. you'll learn how fast he OCed his Intel CPU and how aof a nice guy he is.
February 5, 2006 5:48:47 PM

ok... I'll do that. I'm still a little steamed up from the fanboy thread so I'll wait a little while longer, lol.
February 5, 2006 5:52:40 PM

And after, you'll come here and publicy apologize about calling mozz an idiot fanboy.
February 5, 2006 5:54:17 PM

Christ! I just buy what ever brand has a better deal.
February 5, 2006 5:56:10 PM

Quote:
And after, you'll come here and publicy apologize about calling mozz an idiot fanboy.

Dang man, chill out. No sense getting worked up over something like this.

February 5, 2006 5:58:21 PM

Quote:

... and you even have the nerve to tell me what to do. I was gonna do that anyway, and was trying to do that in my previous posts. I already said that I dislike fanboys, and whether or not he's a fan of AMD, he can still be a nice person, no matter what his personal preference. Yes, I'm sorry that I called him a fanboy. I had a personal vendetta against all AMD ppl cuz of that stupid fanboy thread. I wish I'd never seen it. AMD is fine... they just don't need to call us jerks cuz we like Intel. I'm not a fanboy either, but cuz I like Intel, they call me a fanboy, and all the other insults that come with it.

AND, the more you creeps try and insult me, the more I"ll hate AMD and AMD fanboys. You guys suck.
February 5, 2006 6:00:06 PM

As i can see from the specs of your computer you buy whatever showed the best results in the tests all over the hardware sites :)  no offence, i just wish i could do the same.
February 5, 2006 6:02:10 PM

same here, I wouldn't mind getting a fancy AMD, but I'd rather save up for a fancy Intel. I have dreams of getting the next type of processors that AMD releases to compete with Conroe :) 
February 5, 2006 6:03:50 PM

Yup, I have the nerve because you assumed that I'm using Intel while I give up on them when they launched their Prescott line and the follower. I'm an happy AMD64 camper, and don't count on Conroe or on any other CPU until I've actually seen them.

You like Intel good.. I don't care.
February 5, 2006 6:08:38 PM

I didn't assume you used anything. I just clicked the nearest reply button, rather than run all the way up to the top of the page. On the other hand, if I had run the page up, I'd probably have paused and reread it, and not have been so direct towards him. My rant is not against him, it is against AMD jerks. And like I said, I'm looking forward to seeing the AM2. :) 
February 5, 2006 6:14:02 PM

Seriously, neither Intel or AMD is giving us money to use their product. So why would you become emotive about them. Fact is, we give them money.

And both of them just announce product ahead of time to make us rave about what may or may not appear.
February 5, 2006 6:15:44 PM

Even though the AMD Athlon 64 Series. Can still Out perform a Very High Clocking Intel Processor with better Processing-per-Watt efficiency I mean Very Efficient which could give you longer Processor life than the super power guzzling Processor and eventually savings in your Energy bill if the only thing you run is your Computer and a 60-watt Light bulb. Hahha Lol, :lol:  Comparing AMD and Intel is like comparing A Hummer(AMD) to a Abrams Tank(Intel).
February 5, 2006 6:16:22 PM

Quote:
Seriously, neither Intel or AMD is giving us money to use their product. So why would you become emotive about them. Fact is, we give them money.

And both of them just announce product ahead of time to make us rave about what may or may not appear.

Actually AMD doesn't announce their products ahead of time to the extent Intel does, when's the last time you've seen AMD officially annouce a CPU to come out in the next 5 years as Intel seems to do every day.

February 5, 2006 6:26:54 PM

well, when ppl start insulting... it's pretty dumb. When Intel fanboys insult AMD fanboys... makes themselves look bad. But look who started it... a AMD fanboy, and because he was insulting ppl who like Intel, ppl just had to throw back some dirt... I guess you think we (who like Intel) should just shut up and let you throw dirt and crap all over us. Like, yeah right. :roll:

but this discussion is probably useless, like so many other discussions going on right now, so I think I'll just drop this thread. And I'll take a look at mozz's posts.
February 5, 2006 6:27:43 PM

Why do you think I use AMD now. my point is that I don't use a name, I use a CPU. So, the next CPU I'll be using will be the one that will make the best fit for all my need. Even if it is a Cirix or a VIA ...
a b à CPUs
February 5, 2006 6:28:11 PM

Quote:
Christ! I just buy what ever brand has a better deal.

some people have Intel eyes when it comes to buying computers 8O

i totally agree on the best deal - AMD AND INTEL BOTH make reliable and fast cpus, the deal is the icing on the cake.
February 5, 2006 6:33:22 PM

To give you an hint, Mozz was one that had an Intel CPU running at more than 4 Ghz.. Yes. He had intel, he was nice and no fanboy. So, since you don't know the guy, you make assumption.

So, simply with this sentence, you assumed he was a fanboy of one brand.

You see, the number of post or the time that one has been registred mean something actually. it means that one can understand better whet another meant.
February 5, 2006 6:35:40 PM

well... I buy the best performance I can get... for the least money... I happen to think that I can get more performance out of an Intel. So what? :lol: 
February 5, 2006 6:36:13 PM

Quote:
To give you an hint, Mozz was one that had an Intel CPU running at more than 4 Ghz.. Yes. He had intel, he was nice and no fanboy. So, since you don't know the guy, you make assumption.

You see, the number of post or the time that one has been registred mean something actually. it means that one can understand better whet another meant.

More posts = more knowledge? No sir, I do not believe that.

February 5, 2006 6:36:36 PM

You must've got a hell of a deal on that processor then man. That baby's got some serious horsepower. Nice rig
February 5, 2006 6:38:36 PM

That's true there man. The thing is, AMD keeps things under wraps to keep all of us in suspense. The good thing about that is, they come out on fire cause they are hot right now that's for sure. I put together a new X2-3800 and i'm about to OC it. At stock speeds, its fast though. :D 
February 5, 2006 6:39:25 PM

Quote:

not more knowledge about hardware, but about the guy and his stories...
February 5, 2006 6:40:30 PM

Quote:

not more knowledge about hardware, but about the guy and his stories...

Yes, I would agree with you on that.

February 5, 2006 6:48:15 PM

Is it possible to ban the word fanboy and any related posts from this forum? It is getting out of hand. I thought we were all here to discuss our rigs, help each other, and drool over the next generation...
February 5, 2006 6:49:14 PM

here I agree with you both. Been around longer would mean you have more knowledge about somebody else who was around.
February 5, 2006 7:07:42 PM

would you morons quit arguing about AMD VS INTEL OMFG FANBOY THREAD LAWL crap? its really starting to get on my nerves.
February 5, 2006 7:11:10 PM

Jeez, these n00bs need banning.
February 5, 2006 7:13:00 PM

Quote:
Jeez, these n00bs need banning.

No Ned.. they need to be instructed...
February 5, 2006 7:19:31 PM

Quote:
would you morons quit arguing about AMD VS INTEL OMFG FANBOY THREAD LAWL crap? its really starting to get on my nerves.

No one force you to read them thou...

Some may find them entertaining.
February 5, 2006 7:43:41 PM

no, but i was hoping for a true technical discussion between the two brands rather than this crap.
February 5, 2006 7:49:35 PM

Everything that has to be said about them just has been said in lot of post prior to this one. searching the forum will give you some interresting thread
February 5, 2006 8:06:02 PM

Which current processors are drastically more power inefficient?
I presume it to be Intel or AMD, but it seems to be blurry.
February 5, 2006 8:13:40 PM

Could we just all agree that these two major CPU brands are both equally good? Like what you want, but don't be a jerk cause you have one or the other.

I like one and think the other is not as good for my needs. But I could use either and do what I want to do just fine without noticing much difference. They aren't really that much different than a bit of architecture.

I am a Processor.
Hath not a Processor trasnsitors?
Hath not a Processor core(s), branch predictor, Floating Point Unit, Level 1 and 2 Cache, Bus Interface, 45,65,90,130nm process?
Fed with the same electricity, hurt with the same abuse, subject to the same flaws, broken by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same water and air, as a motherboard is?
If you overclock us, do we not overheat?
If you put us in standby, do we not sleep?
If you do not take care of us, do we not die?
And if you overtax us, shall we not BSOD?

(Merchant of Venice Act 3, Scene 1, thank you William Shakespeare)
February 5, 2006 8:48:07 PM

:lol: 
February 5, 2006 9:19:47 PM

thought someone may like that, and if you don't you need to et out more...
February 6, 2006 4:36:51 AM

Just a hint to you, and the other guys who jumped on this thread.
If someone has like almost 5k posts, maybe he is talking to some old friends.
It's not such a big deal if you just chill and see what some of us old members say, before jumping in.
Many of us like to get the best bang for our buck. Then thier are people like Mozz, who realy can make lemonade from lemons.
I'm not trying to get in anyones face about this, but I would really have preferred a better welcome back for my old friend.
February 6, 2006 4:44:58 AM

Wow. You really made my day. It is so nice to see you again.
I am sorry that I wasn't the first to post. It might have set a different tone.
So are you saying that all your rigs got wrecked by Katrina?
What are you running now? Were you at least able to salvage some of your DDR2? It would be nice to see what you could make it do when Amd goes AM2.
!