Help! twitchy mx1000?

S3TH2000

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
Hello every1.

Im having trouble with my mx1000. Im not sure whats wrong but it tends to 'twitch'. Eg. If i play CS, every now and then the mouse kinda goes crazy and the screen just points to the sky really quickly. Its pretty ez to fix but its really annoying, especially play a FPS. I used to have an old logitech wireless mouse (the first one to come out) and that used to have a similar problem.

Now im not sure if its due to me not using a mouse pad or if its a signal problem. Sometimes i will use a cheapass (free) mousepad and it still twitches. Using paper as a mousepad or just the table doesnt seem to help. If i use my dads average m$ mouse i generally dont have this issue.

So i guess the other possibility is that there is a signal problem.
here is a pic of my desktop

Image005.jpg

the red circle is where the mouse receiver is (on top of the subwoofer). The blue circle is where i also put it sometimes, however i still get the problem. Either way, it doesnt make a difference. I havent seen any websites that say that there are signal problems with mx1000's. Does that mean my mouse is broken? (plz no...)

Any1 got any ideas?

thx
s3th2000

mr_hayt

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
THERE IS ONLY ONE EXPLINATION, ALIENS ARE HIJACKING YOUR MOUSE SIGNAL AND USING IF FOR DEVILISH MINDCONTROL EXPERIMENTS.
TIN FOIL HATS ON EVERYBODY :evil: :evil:

....seriously though, look around your house for anything that transmits at 27 mhz, that would cause your problem.

This is why i stick to corded mice..no alien problems with those

cheetsy

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I use the MX1000 with no problems, but i used to have that issue with the old microsoft explorer mouse, and found it to be down to the desk surface i was using it on, it used to go nuts occasionally and id spin round like a maniac or something similar, try using a mouse mat or even a piece of paper and see if that helps.

cheetsy

S3TH2000

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
thx for the advice guys, ive found out how to fix the problems. Turns out i just need new logitech drivers :D i think it is like a simple problem with the sensor and the previous driver didnt block out the twitches which could have been caused by signal or sensor.

and btw, i like my setup how it is :p i think to get neck problems u gotta spend more than 10-15 hours a day on the computer. and frankly if u spend that much time on the comp, neck problems aint the worst of ur problems...

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
thx for the advice guys, ive found out how to fix the problems. Turns out i just need new logitech drivers :D i think it is like a simple problem with the sensor and the previous driver didnt block out the twitches which could have been caused by signal or sensor.

and btw, i like my setup how it is :p i think to get neck problems u gotta spend more than 10-15 hours a day on the computer. and frankly if u spend that much time on the comp, neck problems aint the worst of ur problems...

can i also recommend you move the transiever the manual specifically says keep it away from anything that may cause interference and gives examples like CRT monitor or subwoofer...subwoofers are partically bad..