X1900XTX - LOW Frequencies??

Vokofpolisiekar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
Sup every1!

I need sum in depth knowledge from ne1. I got a Gecube 1900XTX, and all is fine and dandy, except the problem of the frequency. I see in Desktop mode that my X1900XTX runs at 500mhz Core and 595Mhz Memory (1100Mhz). I did some searching through Google and came up with the MSI link that stated that their X1900XTX throttles itself in 2D mode. Is this true for the rest of the X1900XTX's?

Secondly, I have an Antec 430 TruPower 2.0 PSU, with 2x 12V rails each at 17A. Can I conclude that the Amps needed by the X1900XTX (30A) is fed from the total of my dual 12V rails (34A)?

Any help will be appreciated!
:twisted:

Vokofpolisiekar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
Thanx!

I noticed that with ATiTool that when you run the 3d app, the frequencies don't pick up - so I guessed that the app didn't require the full range of frequencies. Nice technology, just like the 6xx+ series of Intel. Why draw more amps if not required! :wink:

EllisD420

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I actually just picked up an ATi x1900XT yesterday, popped it in, installed CCC ( though ive said i hate it before, until omega comes out with their next set of drivers, im stuck with the ati ones), went into the Overdrive options and i saw the same thing. 500mhz core 595 mem. I was like WTF !?!? They use the term "Requested Clock" as the full 3d clock so i ran a game, quickly alt+tab 'ed out and saw that the clock speeds changed from "Requested" (625 core 725 mem) to current. I think its a great feature but the only problem i had with this card so far, is that the auto fan speed dosnt work. I was playing NFS Most Wanted at full everything and my GPU got to like 63 C with the fan spinning at 1300RPM. I grabbed this app called "OverClock" which you can set a manual fan speed and Daaaaaaaamn does this fan hummmmmmmmm. Its quite loud at full tilt but will do an awesome cooling job at about 70%. What was i talking about? Oh yeah, Vokopolisiekar, that is normal. ; )

Vokofpolisiekar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
Thanx for the reply. I saw yesterday that in Fear my frequencies went up to 650/1500. I was using ATiTool (thank you whomever made this kewl app) and saw upon exiting FEAR, that frequencies were what they were supposed to be. It seems as if Fear is the only game thus far that has pushed my XTX to this level - not even X3 could push it as hard.

In Fear my temps go up to 89C, while in X3 it goes to 78C. The temps are vital to me, as this linearly indicates what apps use the full range of frequencies.