PC companies: Polywell vs ABS vs Cyber power

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Computer
  • Power
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
February 5, 2006 11:42:22 AM

I know this is a homebuilt forum, but I have questions about several computer makers (I just do not have the skills to build a computer and I would like tech support). I have narrowed my choices down to Polywell, ABS and Cyberpower. Anybody have positive or negative experiences with these companies? The prices are about the same for the set up I want, I just want to see how reputatble their customer service is. Are there anyweb sites who review this.

More about : companies polywell abs cyber power

February 5, 2006 12:55:44 PM

I cannot comment on Polywell or ABS, but a few years back a friend of mine ordered an Athlon 64 3200+ system from CyberPower, a couple months ago he went to get some support about an issue with his motherboard, and they still haven't contacted him back. I am not sure if this is an isolated event, but that kind of "customer service" just sucks.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
November 12, 2007 4:29:06 AM

ya i herd that cyber power has harabel tech service as fare as thair computers i don't know but they have won awards for thair computers i'm trying to decide also weather or not to buy frome theam.
Related resources
November 12, 2007 6:13:59 AM

gman123 said:
ya i herd that cyber power has harabel tech service as fare as thair computers i don't know but they have won awards for thair computers i'm trying to decide also weather or not to buy frome theam.

I think you first need to learn to spell. Let me correct your paragraph for you:

Yes, I heard that Cyber Power has horrible tech. service as far as their computers ...(are concerned.) I don't know, but they have won awards for their computers. I'm (also) trying to decide whether or not to buy from them.

No offense, but I just can't understand how people are so uneducated these days. Spend more time reading books, and less time gaming!!
November 12, 2007 6:14:50 AM

gman123 said:

I think you first need to learn to spell. Let me correct your paragraph for you:

Yes, I heard that Cyber Power has horrible tech. service as far as their computers ...(are concerned.) I don't know, but they have won awards for their computers. I'm (also) trying to decide whether or not to buy from them.

No offense, but I just can't understand how people are so uneducated these days. Spend more time reading books, and less time gaming!!
November 12, 2007 6:32:50 AM

HAHA owned by a grammar Nazi
November 12, 2007 6:37:29 AM

I think you should really build your own.

I don't know if you've ever worked on a car, but a PC is similar in that any problem has only a finite number of solutions.

You'll learn something new and it gives you great pride to know you didn't get ripped by some douche charging 25-30% markup to throw it together (while using **** parts).

There's plenty of how to videos on youtube.
November 12, 2007 7:41:34 AM

badger101101 said:

Well, first of all, the only uneducated person that can be clearly pointed out is you. American, right? Not everyone on these forums are American...Some are Russian, Polish, Romanian (such as myself) and so on. Not all of them can write English as you can. Just the fact that they know a second language (even if it is only just barely known) is a plus for them. Maybe they don't know English but they speak French, Japanese, etc. Can you speak another language "professor"? I for one don't think you can..so stop mocking other people and start looking more towards your own education. All the best! ;)  :) 
November 12, 2007 8:05:13 AM

AnOniM said:
Well, first of all, the only uneducated person that can be clearly pointed out is you. American, right? Not everyone on these forums are American...Some are Russian, Polish, Romanian (such as myself) and so on. Not all of them can write English as you can. Just the fact that they know a second language (even if it is only just barely known) is a plus for them. Maybe they don't know English but they speak French, Japanese, etc. Can you speak another language "professor"? I for one don't think you can..so stop mocking other people and start looking more towards your own education. All the best! ;)  :) 

While this is a very good point, this persons profile said, "MA" which, if memory serves, stands for Massachusetts. So, it is still very possible that English is still a second language, the odds are much higher that it isn't.

But then again, I could be completely wrong...
November 12, 2007 11:14:33 AM

Maybe that person chose to put the MA initials there in order to blend in more..Any way you look at it, it isn't fair and does not justify what badger1011 01 said.
a b B Homebuilt system
November 12, 2007 11:34:21 AM

As an educated American, it pains me to have to agree on principal with AnOniM. What's worse in this case is that badger's "corrections" appear to be wrong themselves, particularly their punctuation. But nevermind, this is a tech forum, and I knew what gman meant.

I'm not familiar with these brands, either. Perhaps you can decide based on the components each one uses. If any of them either won't tell you, or use proprietary parts, move on to the next.
!