New Epson C82 cartridges won't print

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

I just replaced the black, magenta, and yellow cartridges in my Epson C82.
Now, only the cyan, which was not replaced, prints out. I have went through
the nozzle cleaning steps several times, have removed and reinserted the new
cartridges several times, to no avail. Does anyone know what is causing
this? Thanks, JackM

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 11:13:05 -0600, "Jack" <jack-kaym@cox.net> wrote:

>I just replaced the black, magenta, and yellow cartridges in my Epson C82.
>Now, only the cyan, which was not replaced, prints out. I have went through
>the nozzle cleaning steps several times, have removed and reinserted the new
>cartridges several times, to no avail. Does anyone know what is causing
>this? Thanks, JackM

Caused by dried up ink in the nozzles.
A few million past posts deal with this Epson problem.

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Thanks, but the printer was not idle for an extended period. Just the few
minutes it took to replace the cartridges. It was working just fine a few
minutes earlier. Can nozzles clog this quickly? Thanks, JackM

"pete" <pete@maildox.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 11:13:05 -0600, "Jack" <jack-kaym@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>I just replaced the black, magenta, and yellow cartridges in my Epson C82.
>>Now, only the cyan, which was not replaced, prints out. I have went
>>through
>>the nozzle cleaning steps several times, have removed and reinserted the
>>new
>>cartridges several times, to no avail. Does anyone know what is causing
>>this? Thanks, JackM
>>

> Caused by dried up ink in the nozzles.
> A few million past posts deal with this Epson problem.

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

"Jack" <jack-kaym@cox.net> wrote in message
> I just replaced the black, magenta, and yellow cartridges in my Epson C82.
> Now, only the cyan, which was not replaced, prints out. I have went
through
> the nozzle cleaning steps several times, have removed and reinserted the
new
> cartridges several times, to no avail. Does anyone know what is causing
> this? Thanks, JackM

It may be stating the obvious - but, are you sure the (if it's an Epson
cart) sealing tape is completely removed allowing the cartridge to breath:
air access ?
Epson sealing with top tapes is a little more cumbersome than the JetTec
where the clip has to be removed otherwise the cartridge won't fit in :)
In the unlikely case that an air bubble has formed in the feeder pipes the
best purging agent is a little Windex or shower cleaner liquid (solvent for
ink) dribbled onto the ink spike and docking sponge.
Tony
--
Spit less spotlets - spotless inkjet prints...
http://www.aah-haa.com 30% more ink

Yes, likely.

If you email me privately and request my Epson Cleaning Manual (it's
free) it will explain how to resolve this at little to no cost to you.

Please mention that you have a C82 printer, as the Durabrite inks have
been causing some problems of late and I address this is a unique
preface for those type of printers.

Art

Jack wrote:

> I just replaced the black, magenta, and yellow cartridges in my Epson C82.
> Now, only the cyan, which was not replaced, prints out. I have went through
> the nozzle cleaning steps several times, have removed and reinserted the new
> cartridges several times, to no avail. Does anyone know what is causing
> this? Thanks, JackM

Many such models have problem with the cleaning station. If it's in
guarantee ask for a replacement.

--
Yianni
in@mailbox9.gr (remove number nine to reply)