New Epson C82 cartridges won't print

I just replaced the black, magenta, and yellow cartridges in my Epson C82.
Now, only the cyan, which was not replaced, prints out. I have went through
the nozzle cleaning steps several times, have removed and reinserted the new
cartridges several times, to no avail. Does anyone know what is causing
this? Thanks, JackM
5 answers Last reply
More about epson cartridges print

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 11:13:05 -0600, "Jack" <jack-kaym@cox.net> wrote:

    >I just replaced the black, magenta, and yellow cartridges in my Epson C82.
    >Now, only the cyan, which was not replaced, prints out. I have went through
    >the nozzle cleaning steps several times, have removed and reinserted the new
    >cartridges several times, to no avail. Does anyone know what is causing
    >this? Thanks, JackM

    Caused by dried up ink in the nozzles.
    A few million past posts deal with this Epson problem.

    Thanks, but the printer was not idle for an extended period. Just the few
    minutes it took to replace the cartridges. It was working just fine a few
    minutes earlier. Can nozzles clog this quickly? Thanks, JackM

    "Jack" <jack-kaym@cox.net> wrote in message
    > I just replaced the black, magenta, and yellow cartridges in my Epson C82.
    > Now, only the cyan, which was not replaced, prints out. I have went
    through
    > the nozzle cleaning steps several times, have removed and reinserted the
    new
    > cartridges several times, to no avail. Does anyone know what is causing
    > this? Thanks, JackM

    It may be stating the obvious - but, are you sure the (if it's an Epson
    cart) sealing tape is completely removed allowing the cartridge to breath:
    air access ?
    Epson sealing with top tapes is a little more cumbersome than the JetTec
    where the clip has to be removed otherwise the cartridge won't fit in :-)
    In the unlikely case that an air bubble has formed in the feeder pipes the
    best purging agent is a little Windex or shower cleaner liquid (solvent for
    ink) dribbled onto the ink spike and docking sponge.
    Tony
    --
    Spit less spotlets - spotless inkjet prints...
    http://www.aah-haa.com 30% more ink

    Yes, likely.

    If you email me privately and request my Epson Cleaning Manual (it's
    free) it will explain how to resolve this at little to no cost to you.

    Please mention that you have a C82 printer, as the Durabrite inks have
    been causing some problems of late and I address this is a unique
    preface for those type of printers.

    Art

    Jack wrote:

    > I just replaced the black, magenta, and yellow cartridges in my Epson C82.
    > Now, only the cyan, which was not replaced, prints out. I have went through
    > the nozzle cleaning steps several times, have removed and reinserted the new
    > cartridges several times, to no avail. Does anyone know what is causing
    > this? Thanks, JackM

    Many such models have problem with the cleaning station. If it's in
    guarantee ask for a replacement.

    --
    Yianni
    in@mailbox9.gr (remove number nine to reply)

    --

    > Thanks, but the printer was not idle for an extended period. Just the few
    > minutes it took to replace the cartridges. It was working just fine a few
    > minutes earlier. Can nozzles clog this quickly? Thanks, JackM
    >

    > "pete" <pete@maildox.com> wrote in message
    > > On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 11:13:05 -0600, "Jack" <jack-kaym@cox.net> wrote:
    > >
    > >>I just replaced the black, magenta, and yellow cartridges in my Epson
    C82.
    > >>Now, only the cyan, which was not replaced, prints out. I have went
    > >>through
    > >>the nozzle cleaning steps several times, have removed and reinserted the
    > >>new
    > >>cartridges several times, to no avail. Does anyone know what is causing
    > >>this? Thanks, JackM
    > >>

    > > Caused by dried up ink in the nozzles.
    > > A few million past posts deal with this Epson problem.

Printers Epson Peripherals