Linksys WRV54G VPN issue

Last response: in Networking
August 10, 2004 2:05:04 AM

I have issue connecting 2 similar Linksys WRV54G devices via static VPN.

Both devices has a proper internet connection. all settings seems to filled
in correctly.

Site A:
Local secure group 192.168.168.0/24
Remote secure group 192.168.169.0/24
Remote secure gateway x.x.x.x (external IP address of Site B)

Site B:
Local secure group 192.168.169/24
Remote secure group 192.168.168.0/24
Remote secure gateway y.y.y.y (external IP address of Site A)

I have tried with and without encryption but no luck.
On both ends it's "waiting for connection" with a button "disconnect" so I
assume it's trying to connect.
I have enabled logging to Email but I could't find my clue in there too.

There used to be two Edimax routers in place with a proper static dedicated
VPN tunnel between these sites.

Anyone familiar with these model or has the same setup ?

thanks in advance
August 12, 2004 3:45:33 PM

Typo in your post or maybe the config? should be 192.168.169.0
Just a thought.

> Site B:
> Local secure group 192.168.169/24
Anonymous