Drivers for dell inspiron 1440 windows 7 wireless network adapter

cariberri

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011
I am only getting " limited" access to the wireless network at my university, meaning no access! I had no wireless adapter issues 20 min earlier. The only thing I did install was driverupdate, cause I was getting the blue screen only when I was connected to the wireless network at school and the code that came up on the blue screen said something wrong with the driver.
I have tried s restore to te previous day, that didn't work! I uninstalled DriverUpdate, still doesn't work. I've tried clearing dns cashe at cmd, that didn't work. I need to access the internet for school, please help!!
Cariberri

Drivers can be obtained from the Dell web site (who'd have thought it?). Don't use ones from elsewhere.

If you still have problems then talk to your IT support staff at the University; they will know more about the setup there than anyone here can.

cariberri

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011
Ok, 1st i could've done without the comment (since I am asking for help) .

I realize that you are asking for help, which I give freely. I'm sorry if you don't like the comment, but it may make you (and others) think next time whether they can help themselves and thus save everybody's time.

People give their time freely here so don't get too uppity if, from time to time, they gently point out the obvious steps that you can take towards self-help. If you don't like my advice, or my attitude, please feel free to ignore both.

cariberri

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011

If I could have gotten the drivers from Dell (you condesending idiot) I wouldve gotten them there. I guess you get what you pay for dont you? Since you are giving away free advice, not much thought is put into it (at least as far as you are concerned, anyway). But maybe next time instead of assuming someone is not as smart as you THINK you are you can just give the somewhat helpful advice, that way it REALLY will save everybody's time.
You have a nice life and good luck to ya!!